DE Alpha 23b rebundle

wowgetoffyourcellphone

Anyone interested in the Alpha 23 rebundle please try the release candidate here, which fixes and adds a bunch of stuff:

https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/delenda_est

^Just download the zip and unzip the folder to the mods folder.

(The actual release will remove the temp and art_files folders and any .psd and .git files.)

What was changed over the first release:

1. Farm Fields are now Restricted from being built around Civic Centers.
  2. Mercenaries are now about 10%~20% more expensive in metal cost.
  3. All civs now have Slaves, until they're more culturally differentiated for A24.
  4. Elephants cost +1 pop and +5s train time.
  5. Most soldiers now have greater Crush armor.
  6. You can train up to 5 Scout Cavalry in Phase 1 now, instead of only 2.
  7. You can't build a Corral now without first building a Farmstead, which only unlocks 2 corrals per Farmstead. I really wish we could make my Corral trickle/sheep herding idea work, but alas.
  8. Wooden Towers now have greater attack range than before.
  9. Stone Towers now have greater attack range, greater territory influence, and greater vision range than before.
  10. Gauls get the cavalry rank upgrade techs now, at their Stable.
  11. Han Government Center now has 3000 health instead of the incorrect 6000.
  12. Outposts have more health.
  13. For greater consistency, all infantry (melee and ranged) have 40 vision range; all cavalry (melee and ranged) now have 50 vision range.
  14. Bolt Shooters +7s build time, +20 wood cost, and +1 pop.
  15. Catapults trained from the Siege Workshop +5s train time.
  16. Druidic Conclave tech no longer makes Celtic Druids more expensive.
  17. Civilian Citizens can now be tasked to attack enemy soldiers and buildings.
  18. Spartan Woman now has the same gathering rates as Citizens from other civs. Also, fixed her tooltip.
  19. Fixed some hero units so that they can actually be seen. ;) 
  20. Removed the Roman "Onager" unit which really was just a test object anyway, and was throwing ERRORS.
  21. All Delenda Est maps can now be found with the "New" map sort in match setup. Previously, this was inconsistent.
  22. New Celtic female textures by @wackyserious.
  23. Randomized Celtic male citizen textures.
  24. Some cavalry use the right meat gathering animations which didn't before.
  25. Tweaked/fixed idle villager button to work better at selecting idle Citizens.
  26. A bunch of unit actor fixes, which previously threw ERRORS or were visually messed up. Examples: Spartan Helot Slingers, Principate Roman Auxiliary Cavalry, Scorpio Operator, Oxybeles Operators, cavalry spears being backward, Hoplites standing around after dying, etc.
  27. Fixed some buildings, for example the Principate Roman Watchtower missing its model.
  28. Removed the "fancy" aura graphics from Temples and other buildings for now, because using the <Footprint> element to do this caused ungarrisoning and hitbox problems which annoyed a lot of people, but didn't necessarily annoy me previously. 
  29. Fixed cavalry attack_slaughter ERRORS.
  30. Some Han Chinese texture, model, animation, prop fixes and additions from Terra Magna.
  31. Catapults, the siege engines buildable in the field, are now packable.
  32. Mercenary training now requires Town Phase.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

You can't build a Corral now without first building a Farmstead, which only unlocks 2 corrals per Farmstead. I really wish we could make my Corral trickle/sheep herding idea work, but alas.

Why not? Just give it an aura. If you wanted to limit the sheeps per corral you could just make it an aura that affects garrisoned units and limit the garrison count.

Also let me know if you have any specific requests for modding features for a24. Separating footprint from selectable is already on my list, and I'll probably have that done by tomorrow. :P

30 minutes ago, aeonios said:

Why not? Just give it an aura. If you wanted to limit the sheeps per corral you could just make it an aura that affects garrisoned units and limit the garrison count.

Can't currently garrison animals. I forget which component controls that, but it's "hard coded" in the sense that I can't change it in the templates, have to change it in a js file. :) Also, part of my Corral/Herding idea is that animals need to be capturable, AOE-style, currently not implemented. In other words, Animals are "relics", which you find usually by scouting. Instead of a relic from Age of Kings where you garrison it into a monastery to get a free trickle of "gold", you'd garrison your newly captured herdable animal into a corral to get a free trickle of food. 

30 minutes ago, aeonios said:

Also let me know if you have any specific requests for modding features for a24. Separating footprint from selectable is already on my list, and I'll probably have that done by tomorrow. :P

I appreciate the offer. As far as making those "fancy" aura textures workable, it might be better to do that in the aura code or something, by extending the "rangeOverlay" component to allow for other types of overlays besides simple lines.

36 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Can't currently garrison animals. I forget which component controls that, but it's "hard coded" in the sense that I can't change it in the templates, have to change it in a js file. :) Also, part of my Corral/Herding idea is that animals need to be capturable, AOE-style, currently not implemented. In other words, Animals are "relics", which you find usually by scouting. Instead of a relic from Age of Kings where you garrison it into a monastery to get a free trickle of "gold", you'd garrison your newly captured herdable animal into a corral to get a free trickle of food. 

It's in UnitAI.js. Apparently the reason that animals can't garrison has to do with the fact that garrison orders use an "INDIVIDUAL" state rather than an "ANIMAL" state. I haven't done enough digging to know what the difference is though. It doesn't seem like it'd be that big of a deal to fix either way. Capturing animals is trivial. We already have capturable units (ie siege) so there'd be no difference from that.

39 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I appreciate the offer. As far as making those "fancy" aura textures workable, it might be better to do that in the aura code or something, by extending the "rangeOverlay" component to allow for other types of overlays besides simple lines.

Range overlays are for drawing weapon/aura ranges. While there might be some merit in allowing fancy range overlays (for auras in particular), it'd still be nice to have a non-footprint sized selection shape.

59 minutes ago, aeonios said:

Capturing animals is trivial. We already have capturable units (ie siege) so there'd be no difference from that.

That depends on how capturing is planned. In an AoE style, one would need proper conversion to be implemented. It might be worth to implement it as it would be a nice addition to vanilla as well. And it shouldnt be too hard to implement. (I wonder how often that has been said wrongly)

Edited by Guest

One ERROR I have not been able to track down is this one, which occurs when a siege weapon is finished packing, possibly when in the process of being captured.

ERROR: Script message handler OnCapturePointsChanged failed

ERROR: Script message handler OnValueModification failed

ERROR: Script message handler OnGlobalValueModification failed

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/Pack.js line 101 TypeError: cmpPlayer is null Pack.prototype.GetPackTime@simulation/components/Pack.js:101:9 Pack.prototype.GetProgress@simulation/components/Pack.js:111:37 StatusBars.prototype.AddPackBar@simulation/components/StatusBars.js:169:58 StatusBars.prototype.RegenerateSprites@simulation/components/StatusBars.js:123:14 StatusBars.prototype.OnCapturePointsChanged@simulation/components/StatusBars.js:95:3 Capturable.prototype.OnValueModification@simulation/components/Capturable.js:260:1 AuraManager.prototype.RemoveBonus@simulation/components/AuraManager.js:168:1 Auras.prototype.RemoveBonus@simulation/components/Auras.js:436:1 Auras.prototype.RegisterGlobalOwnershipChanged@simulation/components/Auras.js:326:1 AuraManager.prototype.OnGlobalOwnershipChanged@simulation/components/AuraManager.js:271:4

ERROR: Script message handler OnGlobalOwnershipChanged failed

When I mean capturing animals, I mean the simple way in AOK, where if one of your units came within a minimum range of the animal, it would switch to your side (with a short "cowbell" sound effect, one strike). Converting units with Priests and such, ("Wololo") is much different. I think the problem lies in terminology.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stanislas69 said:

Yeah it was mostly as a reference for how to do it. Could also work with a fake ranged attack :) But it would be nice if it was some kind of converting aura units had (though that might make things more performance heavy).

Might make it less heavy if it was the animals which had the specialized aura instead (fewer auras). 

Reporting again the low train time of the carthaginian shield cavalry and gaul's sword cav speed is lower than other civs' sword cav without being compensated.

Also i recall seeing a single scout cavalry destroying field in about 5-10 seconds, i forgot to say it, not sure if that is wanted.

I'll see if i can test the changes online.

• Like 1

Havent tested out the latest RC yet, so maybe this has been fixed already. Xiongnu horse archers available as mercs to the Hans throw an error. Something related to a horse armor. Will check later.

Forgot the Catapult changes suggested by some. Tonight, I increased the range of the catapults to 80 meters, while making them stronger against buildings at 100 Crush damage (removed the Hack damage, which further reduces their effectiveness vs. units, whose Crush armor I previously increased). Pushed those changes to Git. For a24 I'll make the Flaming Munitions tech swap the catapult rock actor to a flaming rock actor for all catapult using civs. Currently, most have a flaming rock by default.

On 6/18/2018 at 1:54 PM, Feldfeld said:

Reporting again the low train time of the carthaginian shield cavalry and gaul's sword cav speed is lower than other civs' sword cav without being compensated.

Also fixed this. Those were legacy things from past gameplay experiments.

On 6/18/2018 at 3:01 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

One ERROR I have not been able to track down is this one, which occurs when a siege weapon is finished packing, possibly when in the process of being captured.

ERROR: Script message handler OnCapturePointsChanged failed

ERROR: Script message handler OnValueModification failed

ERROR: Script message handler OnGlobalValueModification failed

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/Pack.js line 101 TypeError: cmpPlayer is null Pack.prototype.GetPackTime@simulation/components/Pack.js:101:9 Pack.prototype.GetProgress@simulation/components/Pack.js:111:37 StatusBars.prototype.AddPackBar@simulation/components/StatusBars.js:169:58 StatusBars.prototype.RegenerateSprites@simulation/components/StatusBars.js:123:14 StatusBars.prototype.OnCapturePointsChanged@simulation/components/StatusBars.js:95:3 Capturable.prototype.OnValueModification@simulation/components/Capturable.js:260:1 AuraManager.prototype.RemoveBonus@simulation/components/AuraManager.js:168:1 Auras.prototype.RemoveBonus@simulation/components/Auras.js:436:1 Auras.prototype.RegisterGlobalOwnershipChanged@simulation/components/Auras.js:326:1 AuraManager.prototype.OnGlobalOwnershipChanged@simulation/components/AuraManager.js:271:4

ERROR: Script message handler OnGlobalOwnershipChanged failed

I'm ready to rebundle, but I'd like to see if anyone had any clue about this error with packing siege weapons.

1 minute ago, stanislas69 said:

Looking at the stack maybe it has to do with Auras ?

Yeah I thought so too, but siege weapons have no auras in DE.

6 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/Pack.js line 101 TypeError: cmpPlayer is null

Type error in Pack.js?

And no aura boosts them ? if let's say a unit with an aura was boosting a siege engine and that last one was converted might have triggered this. If you have formation bonuses and the siege engine was part of said formation might have triggered it as well don't know if formation controllers have cmpPlayer.

• Like 1

It's when the packable unit is deleted/destroyed/packed/unpacked while being targeted by a global aura.

With the ad hoc check in StatusBars component it shouldn't happen.

edit: it seems I miss something somewhere. What are the customed components in that mod?

Edited by fatherbushido

On 6/18/2018 at 9:09 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

When I mean capturing animals, I mean the simple way in AOK, where if one of your units came within a minimum range of the animal, it would switch to your side (with a short "cowbell" sound effect, one strike). Converting units with Priests and such, ("Wololo") is much different. I think the problem lies in terminology.

something like that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLy87AhIXak

(infra low vid quality)

The design I used at the time I did that is the following:

There is a convertable units with a Convertable component.

Convertable component has:

- ConverterClasses

- ProtecterClasses

- Delay

- Range

A unit is converted (change ownership or even change template) when it has a unit of the 'converter' class but no unit of the 'protecter' class during a said 'delay' in a said 'range'.

(Obviously the range and the delay are tweakable by auras. So we can have a hero with instant conversion and things like that).

Edited by fatherbushido
  • Like 1