DE Alpha 23b rebundle

wowgetoffyourcellphone

25 minutes ago, Servo said:

DE works with skirmish maps with some slight errors and won't work on random maps.

Indeed. There are many things that won't even show up on random maps, like farmlands, mercenary camps, and special starting buildings. That's because my knowledge of random map scripts is nil. ;) You'll have to play on skirm maps for now. :) 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Indeed. There are many things that won't even show up on random maps, like farmlands, mercenary camps, and special starting buildings. That's because my knowledge of random map scripts is nil. ;) You'll have to play on skirm maps for now. :) 

Actually, I’m currently working on changing a few skirmish maps from DE to random ones. I’m not trying to make vanilla maps compatible as they are not suited for DE at all.

I would release it as a DE dependent mod if/when I get around to finish it.

5 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

Wow!

1. I playtested it and it is kind of cramped. I really need that map resizing patch. 
  2. Also, the bamboo models I took from Terra Magna are a real framerate killer for some reason. Way more so than the Cretan Date Palms. @stanislas69 @Alexandermb
  3. There is a distinct lack of Chinese fauna in the game for sooooome reason. ;) 
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:
  1. I playtested it and it is kind of cramped. I really need that map resizing patch. 
  2. Also, the bamboo models I took from Terra Magna are a real framerate killer for some reason. Way more so than the Cretan Date Palms. @stanislas69 @Alexandermb
  3. There is a distinct lack of Chinese fauna in the game for sooooome reason. ;) 

our factions have bad biomes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2018 at 2:22 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

If you are still experiencing packaging issues, tell me were to get the latest source (I guess it could be github, but you might have a different branch or whatever) and I'll try to package it for you. Then I can send that file using  the forums, or another method, or directly upload it to modio :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

If you are still experiencing packaging issues, tell me were to get the latest source (I guess it could be github, but you might have a different branch or whatever) and I'll try to package it for you. Then I can send that file using  the forums, or another method, or directly upload it to modio :)

I suppose I could try just zipping it up into a zip archive and sending that to you. You can unzip and then use the 0 A.D. archiver via Linux.

Release 02 is now uploaded to mod.io. Thanks to @stanislas69 for archiving it via Linux for me.
https://0ad.mod.io/delenda-est

Just waiting for acceptance. @Itms 

BTW - I tried to make the upload the "primary" release, but since it hadn't been accepted yet it broke mod.io download in-game. I since changed it back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

BTW - I tried to make the upload the "primary" release, but since it hadn't been accepted yet it broke mod.io download in-game. I since changed it back.

JSON parse error?

mod.io client needs to be fixed so that no single mod can break the whole thing. There was that Millenium AD copy uploaded by someone which broke the whole thing too.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Testudo formation for Romans principate is bugged. It’s sliding when In formation. Even if you break the testudo formation they still slides. It can only go back to walking animation if you put them on other types of formation like close or open etc. 

I had an error then I tried to save the game on error and reloaded still having the same error. But I loaded a saved game before the error and the game continuously working without problem. 

5C80B47D-82A0-48B3-A504-BA12000FF7D1.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Servo said:

Testudo formation for Romans principate is bugged. It’s sliding when In formation. Even if you break the testudo formation they still slides. It can only go back to walking animation if you put them on other types of formation like close or open etc. 

I had an error then I tried to save the game on error and reloaded still having the same error. But I loaded a saved game before the error and the game continuously working without problem. 

5C80B47D-82A0-48B3-A504-BA12000FF7D1.jpeg

Petrabot problem.

@mimo 

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I like relics game. DE and mil AD has 17 allowed but the game crashes when you set it to 17. Vanilla has max 120 minutes for relic victory while DE has 60. Hope these relics can be garrisoned...and or transportable since they are mobile.

There is still some bugs regarding buildings. It’s HP completed but the builders still keep on building. Just trying to build structures on clear buildable spaces. 

Mercenary camps limited to 30 total units and some units with rank can’t promote anymore. scouts can’t promote from original first rank?

there was another bug but can’t remember it. It was about a particular CS that can’t do the task but others can. 

3 minutes ago, Servo said:

relics game. DE and mil AD has 17 allowed but the game crashes when you set it to 17

Because the same corpse is not supposed to be in two places simultaneously. -> max relics = max relic templates

3 minutes ago, Servo said:

It’s HP completed but the builders still keep on building

A logged error most likely occured at that moment then.

15 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Petrabot problem.

Not so fast. What matters if the first error, which may not be on the screenshot. Not unlikely a template error.

• Like 1