Suggestion

killuaz

15 minutes ago, killuaz said:

I said this because they never refused, but as I said, if I form alliances with 2 different groups they do not join and keep fighting each other

Not for now, we need implement many things, I  prefer Ai diplomacy from Rise of Nations. diplomacy now is simplistic and more complex is from RoN. TBS are even more complex but there we aren't a TBS we are a RTS.

@stanislas69 this a gameplay suggestion, not a technical discuss, thank you.

If I had created the game I would copy the age of empires and improved on the weaknesses and implement features of other games of the genre.
How many people develop the game? I knew that 0 a.d is in alpha at 10 years.
Camera zoom is better than AoE. But I have difficulty with the exchange of supplies, as I can not send to other tribes and allies

15 minutes ago, killuaz said:

If I had created the game I would copy the age of empires and improved on the weaknesses and implement features of other games of the genre.
Camera zoom is better than AoE. But I have difficulty with the exchange of supplies, as I can not send to other tribes and allies

There are tributes and markets :)

about 15 people not all of us are programmers :)

the aim was not to make an aoe clone :)

26 minutes ago, killuaz said:

Winch of all AoE, or you mean copy as Empires Apart? there the people call us clone or call Empires Apart rip off.

Core team is little the people come and left so we are the same. contributors as me work as auxiliary.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Hello, I am a fan RTS games and 0 a.d its increible, have two suggestions: Can you implement a combat mechanics like COH or battle for middle-earth? holding right click, allowing an organized position on the ground and the second; I would like to have a mechanic like Cossacks, in a group of units can be organized with a drummer, an officer also could be a standard bearer, generating leadership. Give them more damage or armor increase as passive ability, it would be great. Greetings

coss.png

lort.png

• Like 1

I imagine that most of our devs would want that though we are at an impasse ATM our pathfinder algorithm just does not work fast enough that lag you experience is mostly because of it so adding formations that have lots of units just multiplies the issue of lag as the path of each unit needs to be calculated separately for short distances.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

• Like 1