License question

GamerPro

Hi,

I'd like to make a game for smartphone and I want to use 0AD graphics. 
The programming code and the logic of the game will be different and no 0AD source of code will be used.
This game will be a paid game, so can I only indicate the owner of 0AD graphics and not share my source code? Or have I any obligations?

Thank you for your time

28 minutes ago, GamerPro said:

Hi,

The programming code and the logic of the game will be different and no 0AD source of code will be used.
This game will be a paid game, so can I only indicate the owner of 0AD graphics and not share my source code? Or have I any obligations?

Thank you for your time

Licences for code and art are separate, so if you use your own code then there's no problem with having it be closed source. As far as art goes, everything (including the music) is CC-BY-SA, which means you can use anything from 0ad without permission for any purpose, and even sell it, as long as you make it clear that the art is licensed CC-BY-SA and anyone else is thus free to rip it off and use it for whatever they want as well.

See also:

https://code.wildfiregames.com/source/0ad/browse/ps/trunk/LICENSE.txt

->  /binaries/data/mods/*/art

-> https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

Most importantly

• ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

This means the artwork based on our artwork may not be distributed under a different license.

But noone can stop you from distributing your original work under the license of your choice and separately distributing the remix of Wildfire Games work under that creative commons license.

11 hours ago, GamerPro said:

Hi,

Thank you for your time

Note that you could also sell the source code of 0 A.D. if you do so you'd only have to fix the android port of 0 A.D.