Building status bars and untis waiving at building

jimbursch

Hello -- new to 0ad so have a couple basic questions. Couldn't find answers in the manual.

Buildings appear to have two status bars. One is clearly a hit points bar, but what is the other?

Sometimes when I send units to attack a building, they all just gather around the building and waive at it in some sort of worship. What are they doing?

Also, one time I encountered a bolt thrower, and whenever I sent units to attack it, they turned treasonous. What happened? Were they bribed or put into some hypnosis that made them convert?

The second bar is something what can be called as territory bar, or loyalty as you prefer.. The colour shows you which player can make actions with this building. Some buildings, like Civic centre provides territory influence with certain radius. And a lot of buildings you can build only inside this radius. If player loose civic centre, buildings decays to territory owner (if none, then to gaia) and under some amount of points you cannot do actions anymore. You can take them back with building civic centre nearby, or spreading your existing territory building buildings on its edges.

Next thing is, that you can capture the building with soldiers. You get points of loyalty of the building for yourself by the time since your soldiers are capturing the building.

Capturing and decaying is slower, or prevented if there is certain number of units garrisoned in the building.

I hope it helped someway. :)

Hello and welcome to the forums !

What you witnessed is called capturing. Every building and siege engines have capture points which once depleted make the entity change sides. You can also CTRL + Click to make sure units will destroy and not capture buildings. The more units garrisoned units the slower the capture is for the attacker, and the lower the building health the faster the capture is for the attacker.

Hope you enjoy the game :)

• Like 1