auras cannot be applied twice

gaius

if u try to implement a nonglobal aura for a unit u cannot do it  in more than one json file, it. For example if u make 2 units that give a different formation-auras for Soldiers, and they form than a formation, only one or none of the aura will be applied. Also Formationbonuses like for Syntagma or testudo dont work, even if u restore the code of  D1218.   Maybe i can figure out to solve the issue myself, but for that i have to have a better understanding of the codebase.

@gaius: Have you considered using a stackable aura?

See for example that one: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/data/auras/structures/theatron.json

If you have another issue, the documentation is here: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Aura_Templates

(But something like D1218 seems better!)

• Like 1

@gaius hello, D1218 should work, but in any case I look into it today, its older code so something relevant elsewhere could change and therefore doesnt work for you. 

Meanwhile could you please check if you have the aura token in formation file and the file for formation aura correctly created?

Thank you

@gaius I just saw the files you uploaded in another post about formation fighting mod.
The formation file has to starts like this, if you want to aura be applied:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Entity parent="template_formation">
  <Auras datatype="tokens">
    formations/formation_phalanx
  </Auras>
  <Formation>
    <Icon>formations/phalanx.png</Icon>

in my uploaded zip file I deleted the Aura-token cause it didn't work. Before that I put the same code in as above and i don't can see what i could have done wrong. But one mysterius thing happend at one time the formation_phalanx aura worked ( maybe only sometimes, not sure), but not at together with a formation aura of a unit. But then, after a while, i couldn't get formation auras working again, even when I tried it on a different computer/mod.

@Angen, I made a good workaround so I don't need formation-auras that much. And for my ultimate purpose of making for example flanking in battles more easier and clearer I need to rewrite/improve the Aura system. In my updated version on mod.io I kept formations.js in it as well as in the phalanx formation I kept the formation_phalanx aura, for testing. But i couldn't get it to work. 

And really thanks for your fast and very helpful help. One more question I have: i only need to inspect Auras.js, Auramanger.js, for making formation auras, as well as 2 unit formation auras in  one formation, possible in case it is broken?