Delenda Est alpha 23 - feedback

coworotel

I try your mod and I really enjoy playing it. The gameplay is very well. I was worried that 5 ressources would be too much, but in practice it was not. I enjoy all the gameplay choices : be able to gather ressources outside our territory, delete the system of civilian workers … Thank you very much for your hard work.

I think it's a shame that the mod downloader isn't more visible. In fact, the gameplay of the main distribution is very boring despite the fact that the engine is excellent (as Delenda Est and Hyrule Conquest prove it). As Internet Explorer is a downloader for Chrome, if Empires Ascendant follows its current line, it will certainly become a downloader for grat mods. That's why I think it could be a very good thing to highlight the mods downloader of 0ad.

Finally, here are some ideas to improve Delenda Est (but it is already very good) :

- add more differences between the factions;

- draw the gui (more beautiful and with a better placeholder (put the number of ressources next to the pannel where we can buy things)).

Did you plane to adapt the gameplay to others mods (like Millenium AD) ? Why didn't you join the main developpers to put your ideas in the main distribution ? And finally, when did you think campaigns could be available ?

I hope there are not too many English mistakes.

Edited by Aragorn30
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aragorn30 said:

I try your mod and I really enjoy playing it. The gameplay is very well. I was worried that 5 ressources would be too much, but in practice it was not. I enjoy all the gameplay choices : be able to gather ressources outside our territory, delete the system of civilian workers … Thank you very much for your hard work.

I think it's a shame that the mod downloader isn't more visible. In fact, the gameplay of the main distribution is very boring despite the fact that the engine is excellent (as Delenda Est and Hyrule Conquest prove it). As Internet Explorer is a downloader for Chrome, if Empires Ascendant follows its current line, it will certainly become a downloader for grat mods. That's why I think it could be a very good thing to highlight the mods downloader of 0ad.

The main team don't read many times our ideas.

2 hours ago, Aragorn30 said:

Why didn't you join the main developpers to put your ideas in the main distribution ? And finally, when did you think campaigns could be available ?

I think that he used to be one of the developers, he definitely gives feedback and some ideas about how things could work at https://code.wildfiregames.com/differential/query/04pL1zyGD1xA/  and in forums.  The campaigns wait for https://code.wildfiregames.com/D11 and some other things because a lot of people have different ideas one group wants the original (AOE) like campaigns, another group total war like campaign and the other group spellforce like campaign and I definitely forgot other groups.

PS I am also in direct contact with HC developers.

On 6/12/2018 at 4:38 PM, aeonios said:

-The anti-farming aura is unintuitive and dumb. It'd be better just to add a building restriction to fields so that they can't be placed near the CC at all, rather than have people wonder why their farms aren't producing worth anything.

Agree with that. Maybe such a tooltip during placement would be enough. Or one could do more work and add actual statistics. I'm not sure whether I have done it the "proper" way though.

screenshot0085.png.fb399a7e132417bb262be7ce0ed8d2d0.png

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The only way I found to make the nice fancy aura graphic work was to use the footprint code, which only uses quads. It also creates other problems such as ungarrisoning and hit box size.

Actually you can use circles as well. Ungarrison/unit spawn does seem to end up at the edge of the footprint area though. :(

EDIT: After digging around I found out that both selectable and footprint are hard coded, and there currently isn't any way to define the selection shape to be different from the footprint. It shouldn't be too hard to fix, but even if I do it won't be available until a24. :( 

Also I don't know why people keep insisting that damage types are hard coded. Damage types are defined entirely in javascript and are completely moddable, although there may be a few different files that need to be changed for it to work. It's not really any different from resources though.

Edited by aeonios
  • Like 2