Well done, 0AD developers!

ESR

A friend recommended 0AD to me three says ago.  I've been dipping into it.

I'm pretty impressed.  I speak as a former senior dev on Battle For Wesnoth, so I have a better idea than most what's required to produce a game like this.  Some of you might recognize me for...other things.

Well done, everybody.  I partiicularly like the attention to historical detail; I can recognize authenticity in the costumes and architecture. This kind of collaboration - attracting more talent than any single proprietary shop can afford to hire - is one of the strengths of open source.  I'm expecting great things of the eventual 1.0 version.

• Like 15

Link between the ground and the sky / Link between the traders and the city

A british metal band / A market in old persian

Lesson 13 about kiss / Lesson 19 about lead

Get the title of the book / Get the message of the book

Answer:

Spoiler

The Cathedral and the Bazaar

Edited by fatherbushido
added the answer

On 5/24/2018 at 7:30 AM, ESR said:

A friend recommended 0AD to me three says ago.  I've been dipping into it.

I'm pretty impressed.  I speak as a former senior dev on Battle For Wesnoth, so I have a better idea than most what's required to produce a game like this.  Some of you might recognize me for...other things.

Well done, everybody.  I partiicularly like the attention to historical detail; I can recognize authenticity in the costumes and architecture. This kind of collaboration - attracting more talent than any single proprietary shop can afford to hire - is one of the strengths of open source.  I'm expecting great things of the eventual 1.0 version.

Hold my beer. :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...