terra_magna warning messages appeared!

gameboy

@stanislas69 Today, I tested the latest https://github.com/0ADMods/terra_magna and warnings in combat:

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/components/Player.js line 380 reference to undefined property this.resourceCount[type]

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/components/StatisticsTracker.js line 428 reference to undefined property this.resourcesUsed[type]

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/ai/petra/diplomacyManager.js line 83 reference to undefined property availableResources[res]

Edited by gameboy

Moved the topic, hopefully to the right subforum.

I don't see any template in TM that uses a custom resource.

@gameboy can you upload the replay?

Perhaps a second mod was enabled?

I would have guessed gamesetup keeping some information somewhere (e.g. custom StartingResources), but we changed it to not load data of different mods.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 12:14 PM, gameboy said:

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/components/Player.js line 380 reference to undefined property this.resourceCount[type]

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/components/StatisticsTracker.js line 428 reference to undefined property this.resourcesUsed[type]

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/ai/petra/diplomacyManager.js line 83 reference to undefined property availableResources[res]

This is likely cause by the Xiongnu not having a civ center at some point.

@elexis Couldn't find a way to reproduce it. 

The only similar warnings I managed to get was by playing in atlas  switching the civ in atlas and then playing again.

But I guess that's an edge case. 

I tried to play Xiongnu against IA (Chinese)and nothing happened maybe trying the converse.

@elexis my friend, please help me!

Today, I tested the latest https://github.com/0ADMods/terra_magna, The same warning appears again: 

commands.txt

While waiting for a clean git compile to build, I reproduced the originally posted error with the latest replay.

Don't have to be a well versed developer to just get more information from the error:

Index: binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/components/Player.js
===================================================================
--- binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/components/Player.js	(revision 21819)
+++ binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/components/Player.js	(working copy)
@@ -377,7 +377,15 @@
 	}

for (var type in amounts)
+	{
+		if (!this.resourceCount[type])
+		{
+			warn("broken: " + uneval(type))
+			warn(new Error().stack);
+		}
+
 		this.resourceCount[type] -= amounts[type];
+	}

return true;
 };

This yields

Turn 3324 (200)...
WARNING: broken: "glory"
WARNING: Player.prototype.SubtractResourcesOrNotify@simulation/components/Player.js:384:9
Player.prototype.TrySubtractResources@simulation/components/Player.js:395:7
ProductionQueue.prototype.AddBatch@simulation/components/ProductionQueue.js:352:9
g_Commands.research@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:370:4
ProcessCommand@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:47:3

From the first line we see something contains a "glory" resource (which doesn't exist in both mods).

From the last two lines we see it occurs when processing a research command on turn 3324.

In the replay there is only one research command on that turn. But commands are processed two turns later as I recall, so its likely the first one:

cmd 1 {"type":"research","entity":4847,"template":"attack_soldiers_will"}
end
turn 3323 200
end
turn 3324 200
cmd 1 {"type":"research","entity":4847,"template":"chinese/art_of_war"}

Searching for glory in terra_magna/simulation yields an occurrence in about every chinese tech.

So this means either glory is a new addition or it got removed unintendedly recently.

Doing a git log yields:

commit 022f463eb34ff6e5cac36cee39df96223c095edd
Author: Niek ten Brinke <niektb95@gmail.com>
Date:   Sat Aug 12 12:16:09 2017 +0200

Implement some of Delenda Est's changes to the Chinese

@niektb you either want to remove the glory costs or add the glory resource

</case>

• Like 2

• s0600204 changed the title to Terra_magna has some warnings in the battle