borg- vs Feldfeld 1v1

Feldfeld

I played my first game of the release against borg-. It's an 1v1 in mainland with chosen civs, borg- had seleucids, i took macedonians.

I tried a spear cav rush and borg- decided to boom making many spearmen to ensure my attacks won't do many damage. Even if i didn't kill many men, i still achieved to disrupt borg-'s food production which is the advantage of rushing with spear cav. These little harrassements then let the place to stronger engagements including many units, who decided the winner.

commands.txt

Spoiler

Note : The spearmen proved really polyvalent and such a strategy wouldn't have been possible with romans for example. If i do a balance mod i would probably start by buffing citizen soldier swordsmen.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for uploading. Maybe playing another game against Rome would help to decide if swordsmen need buffing. I think they aren't supposed to counter spear cavalry, but neither do I think borg would play the same strategy replacing spearmen with swordsmen. Maybe it's not a coincidence Romans also have spear cavalry. :-)

Edited by Boudica
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...