People are using wrong directory for mods

Lion.Kanzen

9 minutes ago, ffffffff said:

pyromod file (fgod) drag & drop or start from commandline 0ad fgod.pyromod or zip doesn't work at all.

it makes folder fgod in correct path but empty... so no mod available under modselection and mod features not enabled..

but the zip (pyromod file) is correct build from 0ad -mod=mod -archivebuild=binaries/data/fgod -archivebuild-output=fgod.pyromod -archivebuild-compress

also extracting works okay but not with 0ad x(

Does the modio installation work for you?

Does the game print something in the console?

Just now, ffffffff said:

no nothing normal game start in terminal.

but in ~/.config/0ad/logs/mainlog.html it says <p>Loaded config string "mod.enabledmods" = "mod public fgod"</p>

so its enabled but the folder is empty and features not available and nothing in mod selection

didnt do modio atm

Could post your OS version, the game version and steps to reproduce the issue?

7 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

he installed and uninstalled the game many times.

Well, I'd imagine the uninstall program will only remove stuff it expects to find there. Anything a user adds will probably not be removed.

Tell him to:

1. Uninstall 0ad,
  2. Delete the directory where 0ad was installed (C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\0 A.D. alpha),
  3. Delete everything in his cache folder (C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\0ad\cache\),
  4. Check the mod folder (C:\Users\{user}\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods):
    • In this folder there should be a collection of other folders and nothing else.
    • One of these folders should be named "public". This folder should be empty.
    • Another of these folders should be called "user". This folder should either be empty or contain a subfolder called "maps". (This is where the game saves user-created maps.)
    • All other folders should contain at most two files: either a .zip or a .pyromod file, and, optionally, a mod.json file.
  5. Then, once ready...
  6. Install 0ad.

I realise it's still in English, but I've rephrased the relevant part of the wiki: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Modding_Guide#Wherearethemods Is this any clearer? (Question to anyone who wishes to answer.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s0600204 said:

Well, I'd imagine the uninstall program will only remove stuff it expects to find there. Anything a user adds will probably not be removed.

Tell him to:

1. Uninstall 0ad,
  2. Delete the directory where 0ad was installed (C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\0 A.D. alpha),
  3. Delete everything in his cache folder (C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\0ad\cache\),
  4. Check the mod folder (C:\Users\{user}\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods):
    • In this folder there should be a collection of other folders and nothing else.
    • One of these folders should be named "public". This folder should be empty.
    • Another of these folders should be called "user". This folder should either be empty or contain a subfolder called "maps". (This is where the game saves user-created maps.)
    • All other folders should contain at most two files: either a .zip or a .pyromod file, and, optionally, a mod.json file.
  5. Then, once ready...
  6. Install 0ad.

I realise it's still in English, but I've rephrased the relevant part of the wiki: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Modding_Guide#Wherearethemods Is this any clearer? (Question to anyone who wishes to answer.)

Basically I indicated these steps but not sure if he understands me clear. but your have more detail in step 4 and better order. basically yesterday was like technical support.