Multiplayer simple suggestion

coworotel

Hello!

First of all, I would like to thank the 0 A.D. team for this great game! I love it!

I have a very small suggestion that could be nice for the multiplayer game lobby. Since some times of the day (morning in Europe, for example) there are not many players online, it can take more than 10 minutes for someone to join your game. I like to open a room and then leave it there until somebody joins - meanwhile I can do other things. It would be of great help if it makes some sound when someone joins the room.

Second, I have a question: is there any place where we can see some stats about the playerbase? In the game lobby we can see the top 100 players, is there a place where we can see the complete ranking, maybe with time of last login? How many active players are there currently?

Many thanks!

If Im not mistaken, andy5995 also recommended a "ping on join" feature. You might want to check on trac.wildfiregames.com. You can write a ticket for that too, as I'm sure it's a useful feature. You can even look at the "ping on nick mentioning" code and implement the feature yourself, it should be quite simple.

You can't see a full list of players. Maybe the ratings could be shown on the website someday.

Active is hard to define, but there are between 40-100 online players at evening in central european time.

• Like 2