Small multi game modding team looking for modders

Salve conservis Camertem, I am the leader of a small multi game modding team tied to our main gaming clan that has decided to come to 0 AD. Our vision is to create an organized modding team that teaches newer players how to mod and then offers for them to join the ~~mongol horde~~ modding team when they finish learning. We have decided to make full use of the principles of division of labor and divide our modding team into "jobs" (texture artist, modeler, coder) and games (minecraft, 0 AD, minetest) as to ensure that each modder can focus on their side of the project and we can get more done at once.

How it is planned to work: There is a player who is new to 0 AD who wants to learn how to mod, they are then asked if they want to join this team and learn how, they get given the invite link and brought to the discord and taught how to mod using guides and questions to more experienced modders, once they learn how to mod they become a full modder for the team, the team votes on what mod they want to make next, say they want to make a new walls mod that adds new reinforced palisades, the texture makers work on making great art for the mod, while the textures are being made the 3d modelers would work on making the 3d models and meshes, the sound artists would use programs to make good sounds and music for the mod, and the modders would code the mod itself, everyone would closely work together on github and be organized, everyone would have their job and help work on the same mod to ensure quality and speed, the mod will then be beta tested, then if it passes beta testing and is found to be bug-free the quality testers would test and rate the mod, if the mod passes it will be released on these forums and on our gaming clan forums, if it does not pass then the quality testers will share feedback on how to improve the mod, and the team will work on fixing the mod based on the feedback, then they will take it back to the quality testers, if it passes see above, if it does not then the cycle repeats until the mod reaches quality standards

• Like 2

Hello @Imperator Ferrum Princeps I and welcome to the forums.

I'm a member of the council of modders, 0adMods on github, Fallen Empire studios another mod under the council of modders, and uh well the main development team of 0 A.D.
We already have a few mods going on:
- Aristeia
- Terra Magna
- MilleniumAD
- Ponies Ascendant.

There are also independant modders here responsible for:
- Delenda Est
- 0abc mod
- Monkey Wrench
- and probably some more

There are also quite a few dead mods here too. Recently the game has made it easier for modders to share mods using the moddb api, with a thing called modio

If you need getting started let me know. I can help you with anything art related , or lead you to someone that knows more than me if that's related to programming.

How many of you are there exactly ? How much time do you have ? Modding is quite time consuming and it's better to be organized if you wanna be productive.

Good luck with your future endeavors ;)

• Like 3