0AD assets in unity

lukamas

It should probably be checked whether there are any restrictions placed on assets used in the Unity engine, and whether or not any such restrictions are compatible with the 0 A.D. license. And of course what your goals are. If you're just creating a project for yourself/a school project or similar there shouldn't be much to worry about, if something that is to be released for free probably not very much either. However, if it is going to be sold/combined with other assets some more caution is needed. Actually especially in the latter, as the CC-BY-SA license requires that the same license that is on the 0 A.D. assets applies to assets made with them, which might not work if you e.g. combine a 0 A.D. unit with a helmet found under another license. Exactly where to draw the line is a bit difficult though, so to make it easier for you it's best to either just use content that has a CC-BY-SA license (possibly combined with content you create yourself) or to only use content with other licenses.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I know it has been a while since I asked on this, but is it possible I could use the 0.a.d licensed assets/cc by sa stuff combined with my other unity assets I have in unity, just hoping I can use them in the same project as my other stuff in my project?

I bought the other assets from the unity asset store, they are like scripting assets for like ai, environments, etc.

Apparently I was reading this over on the single entity license for unity for editor extensions/coding assets that add functionality to my game, it says:

As long as the asset is embedded and integrated into your game (or other digital product) and you have obtained the appropriate number of licenses, commercial use and noncommercial use are both fine. 

Edited by lukamas
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, lukamas said:

I know it has been a while since I asked on this, but is it possible I could use the 0.a.d licensed assets/cc by sa stuff combined with my other unity assets I have in unity, just hoping I can use them in the same project as my other stuff in my project?

My personal curiosity, what are you developing?.

• Like 1

I sure will, I already have giving credit in mind, and I definitely know how to incorporate that already, I have an idea already for where to put the credits in my game.

@Lion.KanzenSome animal survival game based in Africa that I am working on.

Edited by lukamas
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, lukamas said:

I sure will, I already have giving credit in mind, and I definitely know how to incorporate that already, I have an idea already for where to put the credits in my game.

@Lion.KanzenSome animal survival game based in Africa that I am working on.

Would be nice if you could share some screenshots here :) It's alway nice to see assets in a different setting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...