[NOT] Just Another UI

Shiyn

20 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Changing the order in the XML file does reorder the elements in that panel, but unfortunately the corner buttons disappear. They're still "clickable" though. So, it's like the transparency for the minimap ring works, but still masks the buttons? It's confusing.

Maybe the engine does not like transparent circles, and replace alpha by the game background instead of whatever button there is behind ?

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

[…] is there a way to shrink up the minimap a little so that it fits within the ring?

The easiest solution to hide hide the black corners of the minimap is to use à ring enough large.

Ring.png.30cf0b2edfcdd2e6cc1a388ddfbc135a.png

I began to implement the gui designed by Shyin. However, it will take me a lot of time.

Capture.thumb.PNG.50739f0288ea9ce2cde8ee422c18bd0a.PNG

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Aragorn30 said:

The easiest solution to hide hide the black corners of the minimap is to use à ring enough large.

It's a bit wasteful though. I think what we have is better because I prefer the larger viewing area, but we do lose out on the corners. That could probably be fixed in C++, but I don't know how hard that would be.

Edited by WhiteTreePaladin
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, sucido said:

There's an only trick here. Namely hiring a good designer. And the best one I've worked with a professional digital design studio. They drew up all the illustrations, UX UI, icons and did an upscale class job.

If that is genuine and not just spam, I will just say everything here is done for free, on one's free time, and for now, nobody has been paid for doing it. So it seems highly unlikely we will hire someone to redesign our interface. But thanks for sharing.

Edited by feneur
Removed spam link
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stanislas69 said:

If that is genuine and not just spam, I will just say everything here is done for free, on one's free time, and for now, nobody has been paid for doing it. So it seems highly unlikely we will hire someone to redesign our interface. But thanks for sharing.

+1. Especially from this studio, it seems they discovered design and UX just now.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Aragorn30 said:

I'm very sorry : I didn't have enough free time to work on this project.  :( (What's more, I have lost the beginning of my mod by updating 0ad.)

I hope someone could resume this project because the gui designed by Shiyn is beautiful.

It's okay :) Can you upload what you have ? :)

On 6/22/2018 at 5:54 AM, Aragorn30 said:

Ring.png.30cf0b2edfcdd2e6cc1a388ddfbc135a.png

I began to implement the gui designed by Shyin. However, it will take me a lot of time.

Capture.thumb.PNG.50739f0288ea9ce2cde8ee422c18bd0a.PNG

look outdate , compare with Total War Three Kingdoms GUI. and it look like generic as @#$%.

dont get me wrong look awesome...

for Warcraft mod.

Edited by Diatryma

• 3 months later...
38 minutes ago, happyconcepts said:

beyond control-alt-G is there a setting to obliterate my mini?

F9 and Engine.GetGUIObjectByName("minimap-panel").hidden = true; should do it unless the thing is not called minimap-panel.

• 3 weeks later...

But ideally I would like to play with a minimap... just smaller and with a compass heading and user-customised to the right side of my screen UI ...

I remain interested in this topic and encourage progress. Ross Bolymon!