jitter fps performance issues

When playing games offline against the AI or telling the AI to do nothing when i have a lot of units game is barely playable also when moving the walls before placing them and moveing the camera huge amounts of in game frame drops i got an older amd processor amd phanom 2 x6 1055t and r9 280x i dont think i sohuld be having problems and ive seen so many clips on youtube of people running it ever so smoothly with huge amounts of units online or offline against bots with no jitter or frame drops whatsoever i change the install location from my system drive to somewhere else doest that impact it or something else and ive searched all over setting graphics to lowest turning everythig of gl and post procc everything and its still very hard to play same on all map sizes i know this is a ramble and all that but i really enjoy the game and wanted to check here if theres maybe something im missing ty in advance for all thye help

The lag is a known problem that is difficult to solve. It is caused by the pathfinder when too many units are moving at the same time. This problem is very hard to fix.

You can try lowering the maximum allowed number of units/pop cap.

Edited by GunChleoc
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...