Hacking 0 A.D using Cheatengine

Lion.Kanzen

11 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

Text overflow or what?

Is good use that program(hacking) cheat engine to in a non cheat multiplayer lobby make cheat and add extra resources?

-sarcasm-

Spoiler

Cheat Engine is an open source tool designed to help you with modifying single player games running under window so you can make them harder or easier depending on your preference(e.g: Find that 100hp is too easy, try playing a game with a max of 1 HP), but also contains other usefull tools to help debugging games and even normal applications, and helps you protect your system by letting you inspect memory modifications by backdoors and even contains some ways to unhide them from conventional means.

It comes with a memory scanner to quickly scan for variables used within a game and allow you to change them, but it also comes with a debugger, disassembler, assembler, speedhack, trainer maker, direct 3D manipulation tools, system inspection tools and more.

Besides these tools it also comes with extensive scripting support which will allow experienced developers to create their own applications with easy and share them with other people

For new users it is recommended to go through the tutorial(The one that comes with Cheat Engine, you can find it in your programs list after installing) and at least reach step 5 for basic understanding of the usage of Cheat Engine.

https://www.cheatengine.org/aboutce.php

In this case they success in MP lobby.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

18 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Is good use that program(hacking) cheat engine to in a non cheat multiplayer lobby make cheat and add extra resources?

-sarcasm-

Ah, you meant cheats. The user was a server, so he controls his state, but any player, that will try connect to him during his memory changes, will get an OOS error. Also Cheat Engine is real overhead in this case, since a user can modify JS files, particularly simulation things.

So the game isn't actually hacked.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, elexis said:

Memory modification tools are fun, but indeed this won't transfer to multiplayer games as fcxSanya mentioned. Even if someone modifies the simulation hash he sends to the server, the other players still didn't see the player cheating.

Thank you, I'm not technical.

• Like 1

The only thing transmitted in multiplayer games are the orders, exactly the same contents as the commands.txt in replays. The command can only be  executed if the game as it is downloaded allows it. Memory modification and arbitrary cheats certainly work in multiplayer, but they are only visible to the player that executes them, not to the other players.

The interesting hacks and cheats are the ones that are unnoticed bugs in the game. Hannibal can sing some songs of those (sheep walls, patrol dance, luring gaia by placing outposts near the enemies are only some things that come to my mind).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, elexis said:

The command can only be  executed if the game as it is downloaded allows it.

So, if my opponent cheats, it would be incompatible with my game and would trigger an out of sync because according to my game the opponent has less ressources.

But does that mean that this cheat engine could at least monitor opponents' ressources ? If it is available in the memory of my game. Or does it works another way ?

On 4/21/2018 at 12:57 PM, elexis said:

Hannibal can sing some songs of those (sheep walls, patrol dance, luring gaia by placing outposts near the enemies are only some things that come to my mind).

Layering, baiting, dance (hand), dance (formation) and mountain-scaling can be added to the list (besides the numerous anti-gaia strategies)

Discovering and exploiting bugs is a very thrilling pastime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3