Suggestions and additions

AngelicRanger

hey guys it's your favorite ranger and today I wanted to talk about several ideas I've had for 0ad this includes mechanics animations and even units and factions that I fought would make the game better or at least make sense in a game.

buildings:

obviously this is important because buildings sometimes makes no sense, also that they are going to be one of the most viewed and important part of the gameplay

to destroy a field the characters should light it on fire and move on, I mean it's a filed it doesn't need a siege engine, siege engines should also not be able to fit a field, it doesn't make sense to and also fields that are on fire can't be used for obvious reasons

to capture a building you should send soldiers inside the building (like a garrison) instead of standing outside and waving their weapons around it like some form of alter to the gods, you cam achive this easier by getting an battery ram to break down the door with an upgrade (whichever faction you decide) otherwise it'll still do damage to the building also buidlings that have been captured from gaia should expand you're territory and not go back being with gaia

you can walk through and battle for a market.... not sure why you would but ok

when you capture an enemy building that has a certain upgrade, you get it automatically, with the cartogrether (I know it's spelled wrong) upgrade you get to see the allies location for five seconds

dogs are the only creatures that can capture kennels..... if a man captures it (not a Briton btw) it becomes a place for storage (acts like a store house)

if you get an upgrade you can kill the guy/s who is inside the tower with an ability (which ever faction you decide)

more come out of buildings when ARCHERS enter it, the building can have a bite back effect when having over unit types

units:

you can take units as prisoners with an upgrade (you choose the faction) this works the easiest with women

long ranged Calvary move around a lot more to fire into the enemy rather then just stand still

better AI (I think you're working on that already I just wanted to make sure)

an Athenian (I think) elite unit could out run a horse in foot... I don't think that should happen

units don't pause to attack because then the target gets out of the way and it doesn't do damage especially on horses

potential faction:

Dacia-Thracia-Getae

the traditional people of the Balkans (mostly Romania)

sadly, Dacian language is mostly destroyed and there's very few Dacian words so some of these words will either be modern Romanian or Romanian that could have possible Dacian origins

units:

effect - fear, when the dacians fought (especially the Războinic ) they were animalistic in their ferocity and this created fear especially in the romans, so to translate this if unit/s (not celtic) fought with a dacian and survived (without killing one) it would become afraid of other dacians, this stays with the unit and isn't contagious, but this will effect their performance in battle, if they see a lot of their allies die they will run away from the battle till it can no longer see the dacians and it's attack and defense is lower 

daș (ram) - the dacians stole a ram from the romans

Războinic (special) - a mighty warrior that uses a falx made at Cazarma unavailable at civic centers good against infantry, this warrior has the fear effect and will cause terror if it kills but one unit, this effect is best used against romans

lăncieri (spear men) - these warriors carry a dacian spear (basically a falx but with a long handle) to attack their enemies, they carry oval shields as well to protect themselves and will cause fear if it kills three units (as in three units go down to a lăncieri and not if they go down to a specific lăncieri)

soldat (standard) - these warriors are nothing more then foot soldiers for a army they carry sicas and oval shields like the lăncieri they have to kill three to cause fear in any survivors (any saoldat not specific)

Arcaşii (skirmish and ranged) - the dacians had skilled bowmen in their military, these bowmen could shoot very far but with weak arrows, it would only take a three rounds however for one dacian to take down a lion, it would take on kill for these warriors to show fear

cal arcaşii (horse archers) - the dacians did not contain a mighty calvary but they did have some horse archers that were capable of riding around and firing arrows into moving targets, they need but one kill to inflict fear

dacian draco - this is an upgrade for troops that allows every type of warrior to carry a dacian draco into a battle, this will slowly inflict fear into the hearts of enemies when they see it.

there's no navy.... If you really want ships say the dacians stole ships from (*insert faction here*0

smoke-walkers - healers, dacian priest group

Femei - woman

Comerciant - dacian merchant, use a horse as animal

buildings:

dava (civic center)

buta (house)

genkula (field)

kaga (holy place)

katas (corral) use cows

gard (wooden wall)

Fermă (stead)

Cazarma (barracks)