1 minute ago, gameboy said:

@aeonios  My friend, I used your latest document, and I found a problem that still exists. I uploaded the screenshots. 

d81.jpg

d82.jpg

That's not a problem and I can't fix it. Try placing a tower and it should be more obvious. Or try looking at your own shadow under any light.

5 minutes ago, gameboy said:

@aeonios We seem to have lost something. 

Inked34_LI.jpg

Inked12_LI.jpg

I already mentioned it (as wraitii too), that the effect is too blurry and unrealistic, and the shadow looks like a low quality. So it doesn't fit in our environment, until we have a weather settings. Or it should be decreased.

13 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Maybe it could be a bit sharper but I don't thinkit's too blurry :)

It loses details. Example, even on the bigger distance you may see more details:

quinta-da-boa-vista__DJI_0039.jpg

@stanislas69 dont hide my nice posts without reason.

give it hidden to me (reason)

i dont get any notification for my message hidden

nor get gameboy my nice message

he is our friend

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@aeonios Any chance you could investigate the weird glitching issue we have on parallax maps on buildings such as the Iberian wonder ?

Eh, I'll tell you what the issue is. This is not how parallax mapping works. Parallax mapping is a displacement mapping technique typically using a 16bit gray heightmap and normals are implicitly derived. Trying to derive position from normals is backwards and wrong. It also causes severe sparkling/aliasing artifacts on cretan palm. If you try to add parallax to senegal date (which uses the same textures as cretan) you get the same issues.

6 hours ago, aeonios said:

Eh, I'll tell you what the issue is. This is not how parallax mapping works. Parallax mapping is a displacement mapping technique typically using a 16bit gray heightmap and normals are implicitly derived. Trying to derive position from normals is backwards and wrong. It also causes severe sparkling/aliasing artifacts on cretan palm. If you try to add parallax to senegal date (which uses the same textures as cretan) you get the same issues.

But it's using alpha as that value. So it's basically the same as setting the height map as the alpha channel mask right ?