Graphics Improvements

Are you kidding me( @Lion.Kanzen ), that guy he did build a normal line, he realized FXAA, but he failed when he realized MSAA, and I think his code can help my friend  aeonios.

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/3640   This is the code he implements, my friend, you can take the time to see it. Maybe it can help you. Thank you! 

47 minutes ago, aeonios said:

I'm considering implementing a variant of FXAA using depth and normals to exclude any non-geometric edges.

I attached FXAA examples earlier, and textures are a little bit blurry (even with depths and normals). And as you said:

On 4/16/2018 at 11:13 PM, aeonios said:

FXAA is probably a bad choice though. It has a bad tendency to blur everything into oblivion, especially for small units or anything with a complicated texture. It's also potentially very expensive, especially when it's hitting false positives and blurring things that it shouldn't be.

Making the FXAA not blurry at all may be expensive.

23 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

I attached FXAA examples earlier, and textures are a little bit blurry (even with depths and normals). And as you said:

Making the FXAA not blurry at all may be expensive.

Probably not more expensive than MSAA. We're talking 50% more memory and bandwidth to read/store normals vs 300% more for a multisampled texture. The depth/normals test also provides an early exit for FXAA which ought to reduce the memory bandwidth it uses, probably, and definitely reduce compute costs.

• Like 1

https://code.wildfiregames.com/D1486

@aeonios I tested the patch, and when I started the game, the game had the wrong message:            

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "shaders/effects/postproc/HDR.xml"

ERROR: Failed to load effect 'postproc/HDR'

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "shaders/effects/postproc/HDR.xml"

Edited by gameboy

19 minutes ago, gameboy said:

https://code.wildfiregames.com/D1486

@aeonios I tested the patch, and when I started the game, the game had the wrong message:            

check that directory. The file name is probably wrong. For some unknown reason tortoiseSVN is a piece of crap and can't handle things like name changes properly.

Ok keep in mind I only changed the terrain shader, and as you can see it's only models that still have the weird black effects showing up so it worked. The downside is that the bit I removed is what gives the shadows a smooth, gaussian-like falloff. I need to figure out what part of it is screwing up.

Try this, same thing:

terrain_common.fs

Just now, gameboy said:

@aeonios I tested it again, but I found a problem: when I opened the option: soft shadows, the shadow became blurred, and when I closed it, the shadow became clear, my God, what's the matter? 

It's supposed to be blurry. If it looks wrong post a screenshot.

3 minutes ago, gameboy said:

@aeonios No, the black on the building has not disappeared. 

Sorry, please forgive my question: when will you fix this problem?

6.png

Did you add the new files I posted above? Also don't take screenshots with the freaking settings window open, I can't see what's even going on.