Nomad-Seminomad playstyle

Lion.Kanzen

There is the discussion where  we need discuss this style , many our factions need be nomad or seminomads.

• No farming
  • No settled in first phases
  • Buildings moving  over the map.
  • Horse based warfare
  • Women and men together in battle.
  • Capturing easily
  • Rush civ bonus
  • Capture citizen from other faction.
  • Bonus to capture siege engines.
  • Counter these rushers(defense bonus )
  •  
Spoiler

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Messing around with the Xiongnu 0.1 in TM, I've come to these ideas:

• Should be able to build any building in own, ally, and neutral territory.
  • All structures very weak HP/Health. Perhaps 33% of normal (besides the CC, which should only be slightly weaker than other CCs). Consequently, probably something like half the cost and build time.
    • Perhaps a "Great Settlement" late tech that removes the unpacking ability of buildings, but gives them full-strength HP/Health.
  • When Civic Center, or Chanyu's Hall is unpacked, its territory grants greater (perhaps double) health and capture resistance to all of the player's structures.
  • Packing and unpacking should be faster than it is now. Maybe 30 seconds for the Civic Center, 20 seconds for Corral/Training Ground/Temple, and 10 seconds for a Yurt.
    • A "Great Migration" late tech could reduce these pack times even further, perhaps by half.
  • Make one Dropsite structure, instead of the current two. In fact, just have a trainable (from the CC and later from the Market) ox cart for a dropsite and dispense with the current unpacking dynamic for this structure.
  • Make a new Market structure (nomads were strong traders) and put the economic techs there. Perhaps base the model around the current "food deposit" model. See screenshot below for a Market mockup using the "Storehouse" and "Food dropsite" models.
  • I think they should at least get Outposts.
  • Definitely need a Wonder.
  • Blacksmith can double as the Siege Workshop.

xion_market.jpg

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Rolf Dew said:

What about getting like loot from destroying buildings? To simulate raiding and pillaging of villages? 

Or even for killing villagers?

The Vae Victis effect for the Gauls can work here for the Xion and other nomads. Either as a cultural bonus or as a tech line.

Another thing to mention here is that the Xion in Terra Magna, like the Kushites, Han, and Republican Romans in Delenda Est, have auto-researching phase techs. It would be nice to enable the sound effect for auto-researched techs. This needs a couple lines of new code in the sound manager, if I remember correctly from some past discussions on that.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

This needs a couple lines of new code in the sound manager, if I remember correctly from some past discussions on that.

As you probably know I'm interested in extending it somewhat (Ambient sounds, fixing the multiple unit sounds) 

I'm not sure It would be in the sound manager. Likely in the technology manager

I wonder though if that'd be really useful to have a sound for that. Like wouldn't it be confused with tjust phase being finished ?

11 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

I wonder though if that'd be really useful to have a sound for that. Like wouldn't it be confused with tjust phase being finished ?

No, it's not confusing. I currently have a workaround for this for the Romans (the completion sound of the required temples is the phase sound), but it's not a good workaround for the Han and Kushites (since their requirements are multiple items of a class, not just 1 like the Romans). It's essential, IMHO, if you're going to have auto-research phase techs to audibly notify the player when the phase has been auto-researched.

Likely in the technology manager

Yeah, I knew it was somewhere. ;) 

• Like 1

Feedback.

Mix of nomad defenses you know. barrier where archer can covert from archers and cavalry. like the manlet but weaker.

Mantelet.defensif.2.png

Ever seen Saving Private Ryan?  Nothing is new.Related image

Related image

Image result for barricade ancient archer

Slave market type  to train cheap force of work.

Lasso unit(difficult) this a kind conversion unit and can use lasso as scourge. like AoE2 unit.

Siege units take down Han defenses is difficult.

Mobile outpost by a explorer cavalry that can convert into outpost.

Xiongnu have good commerce with Koreans so they can use Korean Dock for their ship.

Improved icons and symbols(my task)...

Temples don't need stone.

They can take two ways... Nomad those becomes more Static , focus in defenses. or evolve to Rushers, this can favor loot siege warfare, slavery, capturing, raze etc.

main-qimg-2d4b3ae8c94d9ea2e7be90f635fe76df-c.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 4 weeks later...

What about instead of building in any territory (neutral, own, enemy), nomad villages were centered on Yurts/tents. These could be cheap structures which give small territory (slightly smaller than Military Colony), housing capacity and also work as drop sites, but decay with time. So, instead of packing/unpacking the players would have to rebuild them with time.

• Like 1