3D artist application - Pfeiffer Jordan

Position: 3D modelist and texturing.

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free?

Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license?

Yes

Are you sure you are not wanting to work on something programming related? (Then you don't need to send in an application form.)

Yes

NamePfeiffer Jordan

Email: fr.jordan.pfeiffer@gmail.com

Troyes, France, UTC +2

Availability: Alot, maybe between 10h to 30h per weeks it depend (i am unemployed atm)

Occupation: searching for a job, while this time i explore another world: 3D world and texturing. I improve my skills and abilitys in english and programming.

Skills and Experience: I've no professionnal experience in the 3D domain. I've discover this domain 2 years ago and since i try to improve my skill

Motivation:The History, games and movies are my main motivations. When i see something that i like, i modeling it for fun. I try to progress again and again for reach a professionnal (or almost) level. Total war woke my sense and recently i've find how to extract their models for learn about them : how they are make ? How many poly/vertex ? Why they are using a mask here ? What is this ? etc.. Those questions helps me for progress in my workflow and today i want to start my first professionnal adventure with the 0AD communauty ! 

Personality: I describe me with KeyWords : Patient, Volonteer,  self-educated, thorough, contractor(entrepreneur), touch all. I like to play in chess game, poker, strategy/Historical video-games. I like read wikipedia for learn some new thinks about historical battles, characters, equipment, strategy etc.. 

Short Essay: How and when did you find out about Wildfire Games?

I can't remember, maybe something like 3/4 years ago.

What motivates you to be a part of the project? In "the big lines": Learning and improve the game. Study and be critical (because critical opinion is a good thing )

What do you seek to gain in being a part of Wildfire Games? Serve for a good action. Improve my skills (because i have a lot things to learn). Meet peoples with anothers culture and discuss with them. Trading. Helping. Be Helped. Some reasons realy.

Interests and Hobbies:Tell us briefly about some of the other things you enjoy doing your free time.

During my free time i modeling again and again, i improve my photoshop skills, i extract models from games for learn. I trade with my familly about various subjects. I search a job irl. I play on video games. I watch movies.

Community:(Optional) What communities, websites, or forums do you frequent that relate to your interests and the gaming world?

I watch sometime the total war arena website for more historical revue and learn about history, and after this i go to wikipedia increase my knowledges.

Not about gaming world but about how to use blender, i'm registered on "Blenderlounge" for get help and help people

Favorite Game:What's your favorite game at the moment? Total war series are my favorite games at the moment, because i like their realism levels, the numbers of differents units/factions is amazing. I like the first person camera, dialogs before the battle etc..

What about your overall favorite? Do you have another(s) game that you like? When i was young, i was playing to Age of empire 1 and 2 (and later the 3th) with my brother and my uncle. That was very fun, we could play for hours ! That was a good adventure (knowing that the pc of the time were not very powerful ahahah).

I've also playing to Stronghold 2. What i like when i play to stronghold 2 is the very original system with satifactions of the peoples, the number max of units, the fact that we can build you own castle with differents tower/wall sizes etc..

I think that another question can be good : Which software(s) do you know or know how to use ?

I use photoshop (for create textures from filters principally, i start from nothing and i try to make something with a certain level of realism) : i've a correct level, i'm not an expert but i manage.

I use Substance painter for create a realist texture the almost of the time, i've a correct level again.

I use Blender for create my models and Unwrap UVs. I have a good level.

Sometime i use Sculptris to make organic models (but i have some progress to make)

I also use gimp (but i prefer photoshop)

i use (sometime) Xnormal for Baking Normals and height map(to make a pencil from a height maps for exemple)

And for finish i use CrazyBump to transform my photoshop work to a very powerfull texture (with normal, displacements(if needded), Occlusion, specular, and diffuse maps), 

Work Examples: I've lost the most of my work when my external hard drive was broken. But since i re-complete ma collections (i will attach some screenshots of my recently works).

If you have another questions about me or about something other (or if you don't understand my english, because i'm french) just said me and i'll try to answer :)

(Or about the softwares that i use)

Links for images : 

Celtic chariot :

1522235528-chariot-celte.png

Weapons :

1522235549-armes.png

Buildings :

1522235558-batiments.png

Canon : 

1522235534-canon.png

Catapult :

1522235532-catapulte.png