Campaign aid

Out of sheer boredom, I got the idea for a Command And Conquer-esque series of campaign style scenarios for 0 A.D (Delenda Est mod, the one I use all the time) because I like messing around with map making in Atlas. I have absolutely no knowledge on scripting and triggers and such, so that's probably why I'm inquiring about it here.

It'd include:

-Campaigns for all civilizations (I planned for 5-6 missions for each)
-Special "hero" units (Am I able to make new units with exisiting models somehow, so I'm able to re-name certain units?)
-Multiple objectives (which would include victory/loss conditions)
-General triggers (like when units are on x place y happens, etx)
-Neutral units that won't be attacked by the player's units (sounds like a scripting thing, I believe).
-Probably some other related things that I can't think of at the moment.

So if anyone can toss some guides and tutorials my way, you have my thanks. Sounds wierd and oddly complicated, I know, but it read out way simpler when I thought about it. I posted this mostly because the tutorials and guides are so daunting that I thought I may need help finding some. 

-The Great Caesar

• Like 2

Well, actually if I were you I would definitely  check tutorials and scenario maps in in the game and located I think in a public.zip folder but you would need notepad++ for it to be opened i mean in order to see the code about triggers how are used and in-game texts in tutorials, also check https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Triggers and https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Manual. A little bit more preliminary support for campaigns comes with Alpha 23 https://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/21540 and other commits, later on, concerning trigger scripts, so with Alpha 23 it would be much easier.  Maybe @elexis and @wraitii would know more.

Writing trigger scripts is not too easy yet (but it becomes easier with every triggerscript map we add). The tutorial maps have objectives and scripts depending on unit orders and positions if I recall correctly. The random maps Survival/Danubius/Jebel Barkal are mostly about spawning masses of dumb attackers.

2 hours ago, The Great Caesar said:

-Neutral units that won't be attacked by the player's units (sounds like a scripting thing, I believe).

That would require a player with a locked diplomacy, which is currently only supported for scenario maps, but might be changed in some distant future.

• Like 1