Damage aura? Also fps

Adeimantos

I'm wondering if it's possible to add an aura to a unit to damage nearby enemies, so I can give chariots trample damage like they are supposed to have. Also I wonder if auras slow down fps since if I play with more than one or two ai players it goes below 4 which is too slow. Any info on how to mod without slowing fps would be appreciated. Would removing women's aura help, or even slower attack rates with more attack so the computer has less calculations to make? I know pathfinding is the biggest issue but I don't know how to change that.

3 minutes ago, bb_ said:

damage aura is already possible, have a look at the iber fireship, also there is a trample ticket with an (outdated) patch https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/995

The fire ship actually does not have an aura.

29 minutes ago, Adeimantos said:

I'm wondering if it's possible to add an aura to a unit to damage nearby enemies, so I can give chariots trample damage like they are supposed to have. Also I wonder if auras slow down fps since if I play with more than one or two ai players it goes below 4 which is too slow. Any info on how to mod without slowing fps would be appreciated. Would removing women's aura help, or even slower attack rates with more attack so the computer has less calculations to make? I know pathfinding is the biggest issue but I don't know how to change that.

Yes, it's possible to drain health from nearby units; try e.g. drain_health.json

As far as I understood it, lag has primarily to do with the pathfinder. I doubt auras have any effect on the game's speed.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nescio said:

Yes, it's possible to drain health from nearby units; try e.g. drain_health.json

I do something similar to this in DE. I call them "Trample" auras and they work, but not ideally. Ideally, the aura would only activate when the unit is in motion, not idle. This requires new code.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

17 hours ago, Adeimantos said:

how to mod without slowing fps would be appreciated. Would removing women's aura help, or even slower attack rates with more attack so the computer has less calculations to make? I know pathfinding is the biggest issue but I don't know how to change that.

My recipe is at most 150 pop * 8 players and at most a normal mapsize (larger maps possible if there is proportionally more water). Besides pathfinding, AI is also computing a lot.

Most modifications don't really influence performance, so not really a need to restrict yourself. (Exceptions may confirm the rule)

5 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I do something similar to this in DE. I call them "Trample" auras and they work, but not ideally. Ideally, the aura would only activate when the unit is in motion, not idle. This requires new code.

That is good enough for me, even when a chariot is not going somewhere it could be fidgeting enough to be dangerous. I wonder why the regular game hasn't used these auras when the chariot description says it has trample.