Hello, new contributor

nils

Position: sound

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free? Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike licenseYes

Are you sure you are not wanting to work on something programming related? (Then you don't need to send in an application form.) Yes

NameNils

Email: nils (dot) audio (at) musician (dot) organ (remove "an" from organ)

Availability: sporadic

Skills and Experience: sound design, editing, mixing, spatialization, etc.  approximately 25 years.

Motivation: experimentation

Personality: hikikomori

Short Essay: saw 0ad on a youtube video of upcoming titles and thought it looked fantastic.  just want to contribute to something great!

Interests and Hobbies: history, music, audio

Favorite Game: Impressions Games

Edited by nils
formatting
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello and welcome again to the forums,

First let me thank you for your interest and say I'm really looking forward to hearing from you. As you saw there are a lot of sounds to be made in the sound fx missing sounds thread. 

If you read the above waiver you have to create a topic called ===[TASK]===[SOUND]=== Sound name for every sound you make in that list. If you have sound suggestions you can post it in the sound fx thread. If you nevertheless want work on a sound not in the list and don't want to ask you also can but you'll have to post a request thread in the art forum (Not the tasks one)

Assuming you make enough valuable contributions and stick around for a bit you'll get an invitation eventually. @OmriLahav and Lion.Kanzen me and @LordGood will review your sounds and Omri will have the last word. If you need a review after two weeks you can ping me and I'll also notify Omri by email 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, I'm interesting in collaborate as programmer. I love this kind of games and always I wanted to make something like this game. Who do I have to speak with? I need help to familiarize with the code. I was seeing it and I have some doubts!

My best!

Joni!

Edited by jdbandoni

Hey there @jdbandoni,

Welcome to the forums :) Please do not Necro threads though and create your own. What are you interested in ?.do you have other work experience ? While it's not necessary you could answer the same form than the first post in a separate thread.

If you want to get to know the code I'd suggest you head to trac.wildfiregames.com and look for tickets with the simple keyword. You can ask questions here on the forums or on IRC. Make sure you read the document on how to get started on Trac too. It will cover most of the steps. If some seem unclear please ask :)