I think AI is too strong / IA demasiado fuerte

Simple

I have been playing for a couple of hours and I can't say if either we don't have the same idea for very easy or I'm just so bad.

I have played AoE II and suceded over the third difficulty "moderado" (in spanish), yet in this game I can't beat "very easy". Obviously  I know it's not THAT hard, but I believe it won't be very charming this way for more casual players. Maybe making the AI attack before with few troops as a warning and reduce the raid size and frequency overall will be enough, at least that's my opinion.

Ah, greetings, I'm new to the community. I'll try to give my most respectful and helpful feedback. Still I may sound strange since my first language is Spanish (developing english writing).

Also I offered to help with the translation to spanish.

// Spanish

He estado jugando por un par de horas y no se si es que tenemos una idea muy diferente de muy fácil o qué simplemente soy malo.

He jugado al AoE II y conseguido la victoria contra la dificultad "moderado" de IA, aún así en este juego no gano contra "muy fácil". Obviamente se que no es TAN difícil, pero creo que no será atractivo a jugadores más casuales de esta manera. Quizá hacer que la IA ataque antes con pocas tropas cómo un aviso y reducir el tamaño y la frecuencia en general de los ataques sería suficiente, o esa es mi opinión (por ahora).

También me ofrecí a ayudar con la traducción al español.

Ah, saludos, soy nuevo a la comunidad. Intentaré dar mi más respetuosa y útil opinión.

23 minutes ago, Skhorn said:

La IA tiene tres estancias, Defensiva, Agresiva y la otra no recuerdo, colocala en defensiva y prueba de esa manera, es cogerle el tiro y los tiempos.

The AI has three stances deffensive, aggressive and one I don't remember, set it to deffensive and try it this way, it's about getting accuracy and timing.

Vale, se me ha pasado esa opción, gracias.

Sin embargo insitiré que cómo futura mejora sería una buena adición que adecuen la agresión que realiza el bot en nivel muy fácil. (obviamente, baja prioridad)

//

Okey, that option fled from my watch, thanks.

However I insist that adapting the aggression level of the "very easy" bot as a future update would be a nice adition. (obviously, low priority)

2 hours ago, Simple said:

However I insist that adapting the aggression level of the "very easy" bot as a future update would be a nice adition. (obviously, low priority)

If i'm not wrong this has been considered before, although i guess it ended up on bringing tutorials/strategies created by experienced users, however, for casual players as you state, might be worth considering this. 

Indeed if you want to improve yourself without being a hardcore player, take a look at this 

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Strategy_Guide

Perhaps they might be useful for you, in the other hand you could point out specifically what you think it makes the "very easy" AI to strong. Although there are more threads related to this, but to be fair, don't remember where.

Edited by Skhorn
  • Thanks 1

The bot is not that hard to beat even to the hardest. I haven’t seen options to set it aggressive, defensive etc. I recommend training on water maps with treasures. And slow down the speed during combat so you can micro your units until you become proficient and quicker.

The AI is not collecting water map treasure. The AI is not good in combat and their movements are easy to predict. 

Some strategy:

1. Raid with cavalry and keep doing it constantly. Do it very early so they can’t do their economy faster. 

2. Defense. A defense tower and an outpost with garrison is mostly their target when they attack. They will try to capture any structure that they come across through their path. So forward build a defense tower(garrison one combat unit) besides an outpost(garrison a unit)and a house(garrison one or two women) when they attack. Then you can attack them while they are trying to capture it. The AI will constantly try to capture these structures at all costs. 

3. Head on. Counter the AI units. Their first attack will come when they are about to age. I think between 40-50 population they will age up(Hardest AI) and will attack with more or less 25 units. The hardest attack with 4 to 6 cavalry, and around 10 range infantry and 10 melee infantry. Once you beat the attack with minimal loses you will be ahead. You can age up too and build a market and temple(near combat zone). Build more defense towers through possible attack routes but make sure they are within range of each other so they can shoot the attacker’s. When they age up to phase 3 make sure to have more  unit counters. Melee units (including women)on siege weapons and soft units.

For this Alpha 22 use more skirmisher cavalry. Ten or more of them can neutralize even the hardest AI. Just keep raiding, heal, more cavalry and raid.

• Thanks 1