[Request] Cavalry hunting and herding animation

av93

One of the remaining breaking immersion things, are when the cavalry are working at the corpses. Although i'm not 100% in favour of cavalry as c/s (not the aim of this post to discuss this), if they remain as now maybe they could have the same animations of meat gathering of c/s, with a horse in the side, and the same when killing domestic animals, with the herding animation.

There's no transition animations, but I think it would be better, instead of a  mounted swordsman hitting a dead corpse.

Edited by av93

1 hour ago, Alexandermb said:

@av93 any idea how it should be? i would like that when gathering meat cavalry should be unable to move unless its canceled like the pack/unpack, so i could do a fast unmount animation and do a real gathering using the actual one from the infantry in the rider and keep the horse idle.

Programming wise, I wouldn't change anything right now, but focus on an idle horse with the worker gathering, and then if the devs come with some idea implement the transition animation.

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

I'm afraid it will look weird, as since there is no transition animation the unit will just teleport from the horse to the ground. But maybe I'm wrong.

But won't be less weird that the mounted horseman stabbing the corpse? The transition could be done later.

And also right now the citizens soldiers undress they armours and weapons magically when tasking to work.

But won't be less weird that the mounted horseman stabbing the corpse? 

And also right now the citizens soldiers undress they armours and weapons magically when tasking to work.

Fair enough.

The transition could be done later.

True but that's more programming related, and nobody is eager to fix UnitAI the 6 000 lines of code monster to do so.

• Like 1