===[TASK]=== Kushite Architecture revision

Sundiata

10 minutes ago, LordGood said:

I don't think it would be a service to expand the footprint of the Amun temple any more. Depending on map tree distribution it will likely become difficult to place. Particularly on baobab heavy maps. Also obstruction boxes around the rams would be a particularly tedious task, best leave that to mapmakers.

Can't argue with that... So you can just place them against the pylons, next to the protruding steps, within the current footprint of the temple? Like this:

5a7cee0d76c87_Ramsuggestionkush.thumb.jpg.89155bac235b767989095defd9b5aa07.jpg

• Like 3

Indeed on a bug basis and on a performance basis I wouldn't want to see some abuse with that.If you upload the files I'll fix the normals and upload this this weekend.

Maybe monkeys would work as variety. Else it would be IBIS for docks and ram for amun temple.

2 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Indeed on a bug basis and on a performance basis I wouldn't want to see some abuse with that.If you upload the files I'll fix the normals and upload this this weekend.

Cool :) 

2 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Maybe monkeys would work as variety. Else it would be IBIS for docks and ram for amun temple.

There shouldn't be any variety on the Amun ram statues at all. Ram statues only for the Amun temple.. Ram = Ram-headed Amun. Only the dock could have variation, but even that isn't really necessary..

Because it's a primary reference of a Kushite statue, which is always nice to use. That specific Ibis was an Egyptian example, but the Ibis is often depicted in Kush as well, so it's all the same at the end of the day. Just to clarify, if you really want Caesar, feel free to go for it, just don't use it for the Amun temple. It would look good on the dock, maybe even barracks/fortress, wonder or something?

Edited by Sundiata

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

@stanislas69 Thank you! It looks so lovely :) 

On a side-note: in order to react adequately to posts without having to comment, I wish there was a blue "like" buton in the form of a thumbs up, and a red "love" button, in the form a heart, to nuance  beteween, "hey, that's pretty cool", and "oh my god, I looove this!"

a red love button. sorry off topic.

1500416.jpg?t=1456325412363

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1