===[TASK]=== Weapons and Armory

Alexandermb

One thing you may want to do with blades, especially if there is smoothing on the mesh, is split the geometry right at the blade's edge. Shading and specular shading will try to round it out otherwise and spoil the illusion of an 'edge'

I do believe Stan knows how to bake textures and normals, but is that reference image you used under a compatible license? Have to ask

2 hours ago, LordGood said:

One thing you may want to do with blades, especially if there is smoothing on the mesh, is split the geometry right at the blade's edge. Shading and specular shading will try to round it out otherwise and spoil the illusion of an 'edge'

I do believe Stan knows how to bake textures and normals, but is that reference image you used under a compatible license? Have to ask

dind't checked, mostly is for learning on how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

After learning how to render from high poly to low poly, i've made this i will keep looking creative commons wood's so the model stay the same but the colours of the wood could change.

image.png.2fd557d64e3ef5ca8fe2c200eab5000a.png

0AD Look

Spoiler

image.png.a51149d68e5b19b40568a87c3827d4d6.pngimage.png.18c7dbd137bb762a4642e1c14ef830fe.pngimage.png.a7cce55081fd4358dc72751d7588de67.png

Actual gladus.

Spoiler

image.png.c4f238464c05a7cab77fb0bfb680f7ce.png

On 21/12/2017 at 8:45 PM, Lion.Kanzen said:

0c5c895a157b2aae09c14403761188f4.jpg

Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Looking good but I'm not sure we should continue to add single textures props.

Maybe the swords/sheaths only, the spears could keep the prop_weap.dds texture and any other weapon with a wood handle (axe/hammer/halberd) at least the more famous, and keep the one's whos doesn't look bad 

Keep this one's: Spartan/Maur_Longsword/Akin/Falcata/Romphaia/Xiphos

And only use single one for the: Gladius/Spatha/Cs sword/Broadsword

Spoiler

image.png.75b93303941c794c26a69da4d8c7e45a.pngimage.png.536652e96e8ceb33938e7e012e8e2318.png

i've made this for easy handle for the weapons, and the next quivers i will make or those already ingame, therefore it will be problems since this calls one bow for the moment, and not all bows are the same so i think it could be solved like this

Spoiler

image.png.5778c9c0448f6c84dd93ca59e3408a09.png

Triangle empty Micro small with a prop point for a bow ( just like placing it in root)

• File using this micro triangle with variants of all bows ingame
    • Quiver
      • Variants
        • the prop point will call the file with all bows
      • all bows should be called the same in the variant name="x" function.

Weapons  /  Triangle calling all the bows with frequency
        Greek bow > Greek bow
        Pers bow > Pers bow
        Curved bow > Curved bow 
        Indian bow > Indian bow

@stanislas69 after keep learning how to bake better textures compared from the horse full blanket to this and others, remember me what other topics i left before where i could make an improvement and finish them properly.

Same goes to the Xiongnu, i will make properly shields and other things now i know how, so it could end with a better performance meshes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post in this topic any kind of weapon/quivers/sheaths in need of an update, props needed yet not implemented, helmet goes to helmet topics, shields, to shields topics.

Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 2