I have no Idea what I am doing

Sean Miller

I'm not a "gamer" and I really don't know how to use Forums.

Straight to the issue:

While following the in game tutorial, I have found that I have to follow the instructions rather quickly.  If the individuals get trained before I finish the step, there is no way to advance the instructions. 

1. Set soldiers to cut wood.

2. Set females to gather grapes

3. Set horseback guy to get chickens.

4. Set rally point on trees south of civic center.

5. Train new Soldiers that follow rally point.

6.  Select new Soldiers to build ?storehouse? and they continue gathering wood.

7.  Train new females.

8. Have 2 new females build 2 houses.

9. Select last 3 females using "I" and CRTL click to deselect horseback guy and build farmstead.

10.  Instructions say to wait for houses to be built and we will instruct females to do something else.

I have "got gud" enough to complete these tasks before the houses are completed, but the instructions just sit there.  I can't do the next step.  Please Help.

Ok, now for some useless information.

I absolutely love Freeware...."Freedom ware".  Even though I am currently playing 0ad on a Windows 10 laptop, I have played it before on a GNU/Linux/Debian machine.  I am really playing 0ad, so I can have something to do while I walk on my treadmill.  I have been able to map keys to a ?9 way game controller? using Antimicro. 

Thank you in advance for any help. 

• 3 weeks later...

The game registers if given event happends after the next text has been written, so doing things that weren't told may cause problems.

I also "suffered" (a bit of exageration) the tutorial. These are the things you may get stuck in and how to solve them:

Tutorial asks...

creating units: create more units of the same type, kill troops or build houses if the population limit is reached.

building: just build it again.

Adquire an upgrade: This takes longer if you already upgraded, you may have to advace "age" in the main building, then hit the upgrade unlocked by the new age (in the same spot). For now, it works.

Queue tasks: Make units collet some resources and stop, then proceed as said by the tutorial.

*some text that you're to lazy to read whole and doesn't seem to give orders*: Have you hit "ready"? (I didn't e_e)

Hope that helps.

PD: There is no comeback known by me if you kill things you shouldn't.

Edited by Simple