===[COMMITTED]=== Horse winged peytrals and new saddles by Enrique

Stan`

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

Can you explain in depth how it works ? It'll make it easier to review :)

Champion and heavy unit should use the trot animations too. I haven't got around in commiting them yet :(((

it seems that if every animation variant (variant/quadraped/horse/Spearman for example) if you put them all together in the same <group/> it will randomly call 1 of the variants leading by the frequency, but if you put every variant in the same file separated by a group for each variant, it will read his similar variant and sinchronyze the animations reducing the amount of files needed per unit type a good example are the unit capes, they are divided into: Swordsman, spearman, etc; then it will be much better just pick al the capes and make them just by type of cape and civ using variants instead of using an actor for every cape.

So the same goes for the blankets or front armors, i put all the horses variants animations together in every prop so i only need 1 front armor for bronze and 1 for iron, instead of 1 per cavalry type.

Btw did the iberian/spearman_e armor since the texture is quite low res to be recognizable.The blanket isn't part of the armor texture, it is the same blanket prop over the armor, just missing the mask.

image.png.660700a42bf0d883940c9e6070a9d1f0.png

3 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Are you sure it happens consistently ? I'm afraid it will break in weird ways...

been looking the units close and dind't saw any armor or blanket calling the wrong variant.

heres a screenshot of the iber armor wich has all variants included too, if the armor and blanket remains in the idle animations is because it isn't reading any attack melee animations, but as can be seen here the armor and the blanket follows the horse.

Spoiler

image.png.e37cd7add991ee98a1659e8e3d7ba889.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

This rider is posed very unnaturally. 

added TODO in the reanimate proces, i will be cleaning the files there and properly fixing the proportions now that the armors and blankets are a lot different than the first one used in the animations and since i learned how to make hair/cloth only physic simulation from Blender to 0 A.D, i will be cleaning the capes too.