===[COMMITTED]=== Horse winged peytrals and new saddles by Enrique

Stan`

• 3 weeks later...

@Alexandermb Can you split it between things that are used and not,  ie the wonderful cataphract armors. Also, can you update the current variants in the game and use that ? :) (variant\quadraped\peytral)

Then, maybe we should use the back as well I don't know it feel weird to only have the front :)

Lastly, you forgot some heroes (that still use the old peytral)

19 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@Alexandermb Can you split it between things that are used and not,  ie the wonderful cataphract armors. Also, can you update the current variants in the game and use that ? :) (variant\quadraped\peytral)

Then, maybe we should use the back as well I don't know it feel weird to only have the front :)

Lastly, you forgot some heroes (that still use the old peytral)

the peytral variants have textures and other have animations, should i made them same as the horse like this variants organization?:

• Death
  • Gallop
  • Trot
  • Gather_
  • Carry_
  • Attack_melee_sword
  • Attack_melee_spear
  • Attack_ranged_bow
  • Attack_ranged_javelin
  • Promotion
  • Attack_capture
  • Trader
Edited by Alexandermb

The aim is to have the least files possible and the less duplication. If I saw correctly all Peytrals use the same mesh so you could set that in the root.

Then in a group set the base mesh and the textures and in the other group the anims.

The winged cavalry could get a texture update.

finally understood why its deleting props in the root when running and death animation

that props in the root attachpoint replace anything that uses the same attachpoint so thats why blankets/petrals/armors dissapear when death/runing
could be fixed adding the props of the cavalry in the run/death variant props
image.thumb.png.88be569d9a676298c740020767b9b3ec.png

Edited by Alexandermb

Question, there are units who use only iron textures and other who use only bronze ? for example this two guys, i imagine using iron texture on the peytral of the right guy will be wrong IMO because he have only bronze shield + helmet, and same goes for the left only having bronze helmet while they are others like the sele cavalry archer E wich has bronze helmet but full iron scales armor.

image.png.1d98f354a53e1bba13cba02a4efcb688.png

If any unit having peytrals or back armor can use both iron&bronze textures i can reduce their actor files and just using the variants bronze and iron, but if they are some units who can't use both then i'll leave as it is now having specific iron and bronze actors.

image.png.58ffe9c7318177a97e53254d420ae154.png

Edited by Alexandermb

Have to add some effects, fix the triangle's sizes to match and also add the animal if its possible, but just starting:

image.png.ae5ce01d3829506fcae8b031fafe1b23.png

For the trader had in mind something simple like stripes, and make it different for every civ, including their usually patterns. but again, just have started today and have in mind make some quite enough blankets for leave the horse carry only the simple props like straps and decorations, so maybe in a future we can work on a new horses textures for the coming alphas and change the UV.

image.png.1eff638f29f5fd9021d86eae29f2f435.png

Spoiler

f08001f7d1356bdfaae54698f26a2ee2.jpg

while i was making some new variants for every civs i got the idea of mix all variants on one single file per civ:

Spoiler

image.png.1a08d7baf70c084866459405b693ebdd.png

It worked as this, making a group for every animation variant: so i can highly reduce the number of files if it works whitout errors while testing.

Spoiler

image.png.34a685a3e7fb53dfa60904c5b67e0055.png

Edited by Alexandermb