Sign in to follow this  
Stan`

===[COMMITTED]=== Horse winged peytrals and new saddles by Enrique

@Alexandermb Just found this...https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk/art/meshes and animations/skeletal/units/New units blends/New horse and rider with animations.blend

Can you look if we scavenge stuff there, like those new saddles etc ?
I'm so sorry I hadn't look before, it would have been way easier for you...

17 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@Alexandermb Just found this...https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk/art/meshes and animations/skeletal/units/New units blends/New horse and rider with animations.blend

Can you look if we scavenge stuff there, like those new saddles etc ?
I'm so sorry I hadn't look before, it would have been way easier for you...

The saddle is as i had in mind months ago, use the same rig of the horse and the same variant, just like the cape's so they won't be clipping with the body.
Also trot animation is flawless.

i will divide the mesh in 3 parts, i assume some cavalry only have front armor as some others may have the full armor, in any case they will share the same variant and won't be clipping a lot like the actual ones.

1. Front armor
  2. Saddle
  3. Back armor

4 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Do you have the texture in the previous screenshot, I would like to look at it too, to have an idea on the layout :)

the texture in the previous screenshot was this, but i guess it can be found with better resolution in the game folder

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.01e5172482814bead1303b07d2b98c38.png

@stanislas69 i will change the actual blancket or the saddle if can be named like that, similar to the props enrique's did, so i change the armature from the pers_tower to the horse armature and this will mean less animation files, and just use the same variants.

Spoiler

Facts_Achaemenid_Persian_Empire_army_7.jpgf08001f7d1356bdfaae54698f26a2ee2--ancient-persian-achaemenid.jpg20131110190401-d01323dc-me.jpg

This aren't planned yet for the part1? i can make the meshes for the front armors including winged one.

here can be seen with the chariot

Spoiler

062d4f9d1c106b8c8b8b6b25b02194d4--achaemenid-persian.jpg

Edited by Alexandermb

Try to avoid stretching. Use the UVMap texture with squares to see if it's stretched. Also all scales should have the same size.