===[COMMITTED]=== Horse Update

Alexandermb

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Death a -> Looks weird, when he falls the legs have a weird positon like if it slid back to home position it should fall further.
Whatever canter is for the big horse  it's broken.

Side note : Please disable auto keyframe when you save

I still need to test the ingame export versions, and their uvs but so far that's a huge improvement. Thanks for your work.

EDIT Looking at the files I see you added a lot of stuff. Chariot, helmets, capes, and stuff will have to be commited separately.
EDIT 2 : Looking at the pony curve thing I think you should do a tutorial on how you did this, it looks like something that could be really valuable.

EDIT 3 : Pony is broken  I think you exported too much materials, or there is some unconnected geometry.

Horse looks cool in game as well though the running anim is a bit stiff.

Two chariots out of three are broken.

The pers chariot now goes through the horses but I believe that can be fixed afterwards.

Stables seem to deal okay with the horses so far.

Something is off with the playercolor band see that black line.screenshot0167.png

Fix all those and you should be good to go @Alexandermb

EDIT 4 : XML files use spaces not tabs, and 2 not 4. Usually I would fix it, but there are two many files...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Death a -> Looks weird, when he falls the legs have a weird positon like if it slid back to home position it should fall further.
Whatever canter is for the big horse  it's broken.

Side note : Please disable auto keyframe when you save

I still need to test the ingame export versions, and their uvs but so far that's a huge improvement. Thanks for your work.

EDIT Looking at the files I see you added a lot of stuff. Chariot, helmets, capes, and stuff will have to be commited separately.
EDIT 2 : Looking at the pony curve thing I think you should do a tutorial on how you did this, it looks like something that could be really valuable.

EDIT 3 : Pony is broken  I think you exported too much materials, or there is some unconnected geometry.

Horse looks cool in game as well though the running anim is a bit stiff.

Two chariots out of three are broken.

The pers chariot now goes through the horses but I believe that can be fixed afterwards.

Stables seem to deal okay with the horses so far.

Something is off with the playercolor band see that black line.

Fix all those and you should be good to go @Alexandermb

EDIT 4 : XML files use spaces not tabs, and 2 not 4. Usually I would fix it, but there are two many files...

The canter only worked for the pony i start to work for the horse and make a clean versión of the file whitout auto key frame for the art repo.

Pony fixed, it was a 2nd material added when i copied the front legs and chest of the horse with the uv fix

the only mesh i touched of the chariots was the Seleucid one and the trader wagon, the others are just XML file

Most of the chariots will need some tweaks (mesh) for the horse space and as you noted they go throught the horses they were made for the Little horses we have (pony size)

i'll clean the files today thanks for the review.

Capes are the same they used before update but with the new cape's like the infantry, but infantry cape's use infantry animations, this cape's use cavalry animations deleting them will bring broken path's to some units

Attack melee have 2 versión 1 is short wich is exported by the native configuration of blender 24 frames, and the long needs to be exported as 32 frame's scene configuration for match the same time lenght of the other attack variations and don't bring broken sync animations.

Edit: The same canter keyframes of the pony worked for the horse didn't tought it could work but it worked.

Edit2: Never used curves for the horse/pony animations always close look and auto keyframe.

Edited by Alexandermb

5 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

About the indentation fix you used two spaces per indent right ?

Horse death.

fixed all space's and switched for tab

1 tab Group
  2 tab variants
    3 tabs props/animations/mesh/textures
      4 tabs texture/animation/prop

Edited by Alexandermb

@Alexandermb I'm really sorry if I wasn't clear. We use SPACES for XML files. Two spaces make an indent. So you'll have to tell whatever editor you are using to use 2 spaces for indentation, and not tabs.
Plus I commited something today that will break some of the files.

EDIT 1 : Avoid caps in names. It's nice and cool on windows, but on linux, or any case sensitive filesystem it will cause havoc if not respected.

EDIT 2 : Sele chariot and maur chariot won't load in atlas.

EDIT 3: I'm not sure heroes should have promotion anims, but that's up to debate @wowgetoffyourcellphone

33 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

@stanislas69 ok so 2 spaces make 1 tab, so i just need to change the Tab to 2 spaces and done ? and for the cap's i'll change them.

i ask this way because with notepad i just make the files change 1 tab for 2 spaces and fix it faster.

But it has to save as spaces, not as tabs 

EDIT  1 : Make sure to check for recent commits so i do not revert things accidentally.

Then it's done, here is the mod folder, the blender files are the same as in here

3 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Mod folder:    Horse_new.7z

About the seleucid/mauryan charioth, i moved the mod folder to the alpha 23 folder i have and test in atlas, they won't show here neither, but after change the template file of seleucid from:
"template_unit_champion_cavalry_archer" To >>>> "template_unit_cavalry_ranged_archer" the unit shows in atlas but can't be placed, its says something about Promotion entity so i writed <Promotion Disable=""/> on the unit template, and worked as you can see in here

Spoiler

image.png.34458fc555a890e2ea4feac2890aae53.png

Yet in atlas version 22 both seleucid and mauryan charioths works but they don't work in atlas 23 because of the template: "template_unit_champion_cavalry_archer"
here's a proof:

Spoiler

image.png.8f04c2d197ae55656c6f86178bc38ab0.png

Those two chariots are template related files and goes out of my knowledge which changes were made to get that bug.

Edit: units/pers_champion_cavalry_archer won't show neither because of the template.

Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 1

It's done. and it's the last time I fix stuff myself.
There were still mixed spaces and tabs everywhere, holes in Xml files, missing stuff, extra stuff for nothing, pointless changes to some of the templates. Also, you didn't check every single actor that exists, which revealed a lot of stuff missing, or not updated correctly.

This is a good example where the patch is better for the community than nitpicking for hours.

In summary took me four days to review and I just fixed it

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, elexis said:

I have just noticed the new horses. They models seemed more vivid. I didn't do a proper comparison, but so far it looks good.

Just one thing I wanted to mention is that the walking animation doesn't quite seem to fit the walking speed.

You mean the animation itself of the cavalry or the speed of it ? it need to be something fast or otherwise will look as it was the old cavalry animation walking rushed.