===[COMMITTED]=== Horse Update

Alexandermb

By reducing the number of variants its getting less complex, also with the horse armature fixed with the prop point in the root position the double saddle/armors/blankets can be deleted os is less writing for every actor.

image.png.9eccede9a904d28921240c066f8c6500.png

PD: the mod have some unused files i deleted 118 files after leaving only the trot animations, this is the cleaned one and still have some other files wandering around: Horse_update.7z.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alexandermb said:

the slow gallop fits the chariot so if isn't a problem i leave the slow gallop for the chariots only, but i have to make their double saddle/armors actor files for keep synced.

No I meant death.

@stanislas69 i think this two cavalry didn't have the unit schema update they don't have the _m at the end.

Ill fix it soon.

: the mod have some unused files i deleted 118 files after leaving only the trot animations, this is the cleaned one and still have some other files wandering around: Horse_update.7z.

Nice I'll try to have a look.

@Alexandermb Bouddicca cavalry cape is broken,   and has no rein
also

cavalry spearman_a rein goes through the horse

iber_cavalry_spearman is totally out of sync when attacking melee
same for kush cavalry
same for pers

slaughter

there is a mismatch with bones with chariots on the slaughter anim, which means the incorrect anim is used

Some units do not hold the rein

iber_cavalry spearman rein goes through the armor

pers_cavalry_swordsman use the shield variant

Death

Pers chariot horses do not die

- At some point we should have different death animations for chariots.

Errors
Failed to find matching prop point called "decals" in model "art/meshes/props/horse_saddle_rome.dae" for actor "cav_saddle_rome"

Fixed: @stanislas69

• Fixed Chariot deaths:
Spoiler

deathasdeas.JPG.efe0d1d4566daeb01c58beb3bad9ac9b.JPG

• Fixed Boudicca:
Spoiler

dasdgdfg.JPG.2f8a4eef5fd1bd6825b65a893f90d091.JPG

• Fixed spearmans whitout shield using shield attack animation instead of no shield (Also fixed wrong attack capture and wrong death animations):
Spoiler

dasdad.thumb.JPG.064f232e13dd38b04356ece8d8ed1361.JPG
image.png.df34c70ef7b51e4154c8a5bc3dbda1c6.png

• Fixed saddle_rome:
Spoiler

image.png.c15039dc5036f1efea19bab819fc9a2a.png

• Fixed droped rein going through armor (However is highly possible that the clipping remains in other cases, since is quite hard to control sometimes the rein armature in blender) :
Spoiler

image.png.14d8eca7c2bd29d953d9581790fe3815.png

Removed unused group in the cavalry armors since with only 1 pool of blood or dust is enough.

Why chariots have slaughter attack? they should only be war unit type not citizen soldier in any case is fixed.
Moved the crossbow variants to terra magna crossbow mod.

Files:Horse_update.7z

Edited by Alexandermb
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/21653

So, I thought the whole point of variant files was that you only had to update, change, or fix the few variant files instead of updating, changing, or fixing a hundred actor files. :) :wacko: :huh: :blink: :P ;)

Just imagine the amount of lines changed in each file if they weren't there :P

But yeah was a pain. Hopefully no one will redo the horses soon, so I can move on on my custom projects :P

2 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Agreed. @Alexandermb Can you do something about this ? Also, updating chariots with reins.

i've made something similar to the shoushe, but it sink faster the same could be done for chariots but i better merge all chariots into one single armature instead of using "pers_a pers_b pers_e maur sele" for having less animation files.

• Like 1

I'll let you know when chariot is finished, the armature for the carriage its done but the rein will take longer to finish (Still trying to find a faster and cleaner way of properly make it work). Maybe use the rein as usual but instead of using the already done animation of driver for chariot, make another using a whip.

All the chariots are included in a single armature no matter if the wheel has a different size it has 6 bones for wheels (Big/Med/Small). 

image.png.65d37dddba840d16f31cb788dc2e7427.png

Here's the horse blender file for the art repo updated:Horse.7z
Included:

• Rider animations.
  • Rein animations.
  • Horse animations.
  • Weapons and Shields (Including crossbow).
  • All armors and blankets.
  • Have textures attached so it won't end looking pink.
  • Have the byzantine cataphract cloth armor i've made too in case people want to make a texture for a full body armor they will have the UV's and the mesh for testing.

This is how will be seen when open:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d1a94f3b8fd27cece7d51036064fe346.png

Red: Legs
Green: Belly
Turquoise: Tail
Purple: Spine.
Yellow: Knee's and shoulder helpers.
Blue: Head (Green on head are Ears).

For exporting an animation after baking using the action capture tool, selecting the whole armature is needed (What is seen first is the helpers i've made for make the animations) This is the whole armature selected:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9f20ed171d0dde3ed260f84c5a7d988f.png

The two dots under the armature capes are for the props, they aren't needed for baking actions neither the 3rd one, thats for configurations of hoofs rotation.

For baking attack long animations FPS is needed to be set in "32".

Some actions aren't needed and are just placeholders or are broken feel free to delete them if want to.