Simple to code games

I've been wanting to actually get around and create a game. I've already got some small games/minigames that I'm working on but, fire anyways.

What are some easy games to code (that don't require a lot of assets)? If you can order it in difficulty that'd be appreciated.

Also:

If you know of any 2D pixel art tutorial sites that are set up for 'artistically retarded and color ignorant' people... That'd be very much appreciated.

I would post this in the forum of the program I'm using but the only people who actually seem to check that is, me... and the programs creator. It's new, young, unknown, and partially incomplete.

Thank you. Sorry for the unfunnymehmeh...

unfunnymehmeh.png

@stanislas69 Amazing pixel art tutorials. There are some tile-based and top-down sprite tutorials in there that I needed for a separate project. I never thought of looking at the sprite as separate parts. I normally just draw everything and don't account for angles. Someone else made me some sprites but I have to do all the tiles myself (and some other animations). The color palette he used (and the angle of the lighting) is pretty much chaos. I've got to redo them all in a bit better fashion. I'd rather make my own though. I'm going to have too anyway. He never added any combat animations and they are way out of my league to recreate/fix. Basically, this works perfectly for a lot of things.

@Loki1950 I tried ren'py but I don't quiet understand it at all. I looked through the tutorial a bit but not quite what I want (or just way too complicated). Though a choose your path type of gameplay is kind of what I want in that separate project I'm working on. Story boarding would make it easier too. The character editor makehuman, is it the 3d one I'm finding on google? If it doesn't work on windows xp, I can't use it.

BTW, Pong is "complete"... I'm not going to upload it because you can't actually lose the game. The AI doesn't really do anything. Well, it follows the y axis of the ball... slowly. It also doesn't have a win screen... and the ball isn't a ball... it's a square... that acts like a ball. That's just how rectangle's work. The universe change three seconds ago, they bounce perfectly now.

Fine, I didn't bother making a graphic for it. I just drew a rect on the screen, moved it, made it bounce, and completely forgot about scores... I'll fix it but it's boring.