===[COMMITTED]=== Improved Horse and Elephant peytrals

wackyserious

I've checked the elephant UV, it is a little complicated, many resizing and adjustment has to be done in order to have a uniform looking scales.

Current elephant barding looks good, IMO.

Edit: I added an iron variant above. Plus the size of the peytral was increased from 128x64 to 256x128

Edited by wackyserious
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

I've checked the elephant UV, it is a little complicated, many resizing and adjustment has to be done in order to have a uniform looking scales.

Edit: I added an iron variant above. Plus the size of the peytral was increased from 128x64 to 256x128

The last variant looks more like a specmap than iron, unless everything is iron.

6 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Yes need variance too. all armored need this. I uploaded some armored horses under Seleucid references.

• Like 1

Moved to its own thread.
@wackyserious I think the gold one looks a bit too much yellow.
Iron is fine and will make a good replacement.
Also keep in mind it's used for the pers neckguards.
I will also move them to a separate folder as they are mostly horse props not helmets.
Variants will come to remove duplication
Could you make a bump map as well as fixing the gold/bronze one ? maybe using a cleaned up bronze texture from the repo by taking a helmet and removing specific details would help.

screenshot0172.png

1 minute ago, stanislas69 said:

I think the gold one looks a bit too much yellow.

That's bronze, I believe... And polished bronze does look quite gold/yellow. IMO it looks ok.. Could even be a little shinier...

Spoiler

8339687146_5462ea9e11_c.thumb.jpg.db16e7fab2172d1a653cffb607be1d0e.jpg

ancient_bronze_armour_e1.jpg.c36ac24fedef6c94e554986438cca4dc.jpg

chOzn.jpg.c6a58fdb9d6f62b9f4ea0d54272cecf9.jpg

By the way:

pers_h3.png.2bf42a325d3d0174e3e56e027f229264.png.48f1f504f03bad91ee6b0d026e2a32f3.png

That's the bronze part of the Kushite bronze scale armour corselet... At least that's what it can be used for :P Just throwing that out there...

Spoiler

5a59d773677e1_Kushitebronzescalearmour.thumb.jpg.53fb4abf21772b4bae96da53a26c0bfd.jpg

• Like 1

@stanislas69

• Napatan Temple Guard
  • Apedemak's Faithful 
  • Meroitic Noble Cavalry
  • Meroitic Noble Archer

Basically the champion units. One or two of the Hero units can have the Full Body Scale Armour. These scale armours are the only "heavy" armour used by Kushite elites. Ranked citizen soldiers would be using quilted cotton at best.