Adding a preview image to a scenario.

Blocks119

Hi, I got 0ad fairly recently and i've been making a map in the scenario editor . The map itself works although it isn't complete however I cant find a way to make a preview image work. I tried to add this one in a few ways but can't get it to show up ingame. does anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance :D

Fall's_Cliffs.png

• Like 2

I still cant seem to find it. I can find a location that matches between mods and session but the binaries, data,icons and mappreview bits of the link are non existant.

just incase it makes a difference I'm running this on linux installed through the software centre

It still wont work.

I had a public.zip file unzipped( did that earlier on) and it doesn't go past/session   so i added the directories and put the image in,named it in atlas...

, didnt make any difference, its still pink

Screenshot from 2018-01-08 17-22-20.png

Edited by Blocks119

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!
That trick, adding a path

On 7.1.2018 at 5:43 PM, elexis said:

binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/ui/session/icons/mappreview

like this added a map preview for me. But what is the necessary resolution for the image. My preview appears too large and stretched as well.

Kind regards and thanks

mimesot

EDIT: I looked into the public.zip in binaries/data/mod/public and found the previews there to be 512x512px with the actual mappreview occupying roughly 400x300px in the upper left corner. I rezized a screeny accordingly and added the black space. What is this black space for? Anyway, it worked out perfectly.

Edited by mimesot
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 7:08 PM, mimesot said:

EDIT: I looked into the public.zip in binaries/data/mod/public and found the previews there to be 512x512px with the actual mappreview occupying roughly 400x300px in the upper left corner. I rezized a screeny accordingly and added the black space. What is this black space for? Anyway, it worked out perfectly.

This is a common requirement for all textures to have a power-of-two size, see TextureFormat . It comes from historical issues of graphic drivers / libraries with non-power-of-two texture sizes.

Unrelatedly: I compiled the information from this and the previous topic about the previews into a wiki page: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Manual_Map_Preview

• Like 3