Ideas/what bothers me most

Matlajs

First i want to say, that i very much appreciate the devs for their hard work. I love to see there are still people who do not want let this RTS genre classic die. Mostly i like a work of a designer of units/buildings model. They are very authentic and cool to watch on map. I like the idea of non-elite units may join work on resources, but here i have one issue. Maybe i just didn't figure out how, but i would love to have a chance to comfortably select every combat unit from a group of workers. Like ignore women when there are men in a group. Something like select only iddling citizens. Next thing  is arround balance of units. I think it is a shame, that a game doesn't offer bigger diversity between units of each civ. Right now fights look like a bunch of nice looking units with no diference in stats, no way to recognize veterans in group( which only makes a diference in stats between them) and thus a winning side will always be a one, which has more units( w/o blacksmith upgrades and elite units). Ofcourse, there are still some maneuver with cavalry on ranged units and some others, but thats it. I think, if it would break a balance, if some nation have a stronger spearman with less armour, more health and armor but weaker etc. Also it wouldn't hurt make stone and iron look more diferently. Also make it more recognizeable on minimap.  I know it is only a matter of habit, but right now, even the maps look very nice and naturaly, they are also really non-intuitive and it is hard to find out some things( like animals for hunting between a trees, diference betweem stone and iton etc.). I think all those things, aside a units stat changing, are only cosmetic changes. Anyway gl with project and keep a hard work guys (y)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matlajs said:

I like the idea of non-elite units may join work on resources, but here i have one issue. Maybe i just didn't figure out how, but i would love to have a chance to comfortably select every combat unit from a group of workers. Like ignore women when there are men in a group. Something like select only iddling citizens.

Have a look at this https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/HotKeys (Some hotkeys might only be available in the new alpha)
There is also a button near the minimap to find Idle units.

Next thing  is arround balance of units. I think it is a shame, that a game doesn't offer bigger diversity between units of each civ. Right now fights look like a bunch of nice looking units with no diference in stats, no way to recognize veterans in group( which only makes a diference in stats between them) and thus a winning side will always be a one, which has more units( w/o blacksmith upgrades and elite units). Ofcourse, there are still some maneuver with cavalry on ranged units and some others, but thats it. I think, if it would break a balance, if some nation have a stronger spearman with less armour, more health and armor but weaker etc.

1 hour ago, (-_-) said:

Lets just say its being worked on.

That's a good summary.

Also it wouldn't hurt make stone and iron look more diferently

That's something I want to do, but haven't got around yet.

. Also make it more recognizeable on minimap.  I know it is only a matter of habit, but right now, even the maps look very nice and naturaly, they are also really non-intuitive and it is hard to find out some things( like animals for hunting between a trees, diference betweem stone and iton etc.). I think all those things, aside a units stat changing, are only cosmetic changes. Anyway gl with project and keep a hard work guys (y)

This also a plan, but we have no one working on this at this time