Is it possible that when/if I sell this game, that I sell the source code seperately?

rjhwinner03

3 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@Andrettin Stratagus Maybe ?

Stratagus has the same license as Pyrogenesis, so it wouldn't be any different in that regard :P

3 hours ago, rjhwinner03 said:

Yeah, stratagus would be cool, if it worked without Warcraft 2.

It does, actually. Stratagus is just the engine, and there have been new, open-source games made with it (Aleona's Tales, Bos Wars, Wyrmsun). But it is a 2D-only engine.

3 hours ago, xan2622 said:

Where can we find the source code of this new engine that you are doing ?

Since he wants to make money out of it I do not think it's anywhere close to available.

14 hours ago, rjhwinner03 said:

Another thing, could I modify the engine itself, call it whatever I want, then just say it was a modification of the pyrogenesis engine?

What would be the point ? Take a game using the cryengine or the unity engine. People advertise they are using them not rename it and say it's a weird version of it.

If you make significant improvements to pyrogenesis you should submit your code to improve it for two big reasons. First because the license requires you too and second because if it makes things better bringing attention to a RTS game engine will be a good advertisment both for you and for us.

In case it wasn't clear.

Pyrogenesis is the Engine.

0 A.D. is a game based on this Engine.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Since he wants to make money out of it I do not think it's anywhere close to available

Well if its licensed under gpl or based on pyrogensis, he should.

Although sounded like he is making one from scratch. So totally up to him if thats what hes doing.

2 hours ago, (-_-) said:

Well if its licensed under gpl or based on pyrogensis, he should.

Although sounded like he is making one from scratch. So totally up to him if thats what hes doing.

Unless he somewhat use our stuff or copy. Translating from c++ to Java is considered a breach of gpl if you do not abide by the rules.