===[COMMITTED]=== New animations for fishermen

Stan`

59 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

I'll work on them after the camel units or maybe even before as this is less work than camels.

Edit: references on how they fished could also be usefull for better historical accuracy.

Fishermen in boats typically used cast nets to catch fish. Fishermen standing in the water often used spears, harpoons, or hoop nets. Or empty traps they set up earlier. Clams were picked up at low tide or occassionally dived for.

Angling is a modern hobby to pass the time (and not necessarily to catch fish).

1 hour ago, LordGood said:

Most games i see use a fishnet have a scale modifier animation, that is not possible in ours, throwing a net will take some creative thinking if we want it to look right.

I might have an idea about how to make a net, something like an spider web, and a 6 or 12 bones armature making an star so when the net is trowed the star is expanded.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

I might have an idea about how to make a net, something like an spider web, and a 6 or 12 bones armature making an star so when the net is trowed the star is expanded.

This is exactly how I thought it would be done. Forgot about the scale modifier animation @LordGood mentioned. Yours is the next best thing to that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

Now ptol is ready too.
Fisherman_New.7z

image.png.4fb93e5fe7cc87f62d5b57d96785af99.png

Fishers were typically poor people, yet this one has a leopard-skin (a luxury) loincloth. Perhaps you could give him a more appropiate, plain, linen one instead?

Also, I'm not sure hexagonal bassins or any buckets at all were actually used. My guess is the nets were simply emptied into the boat and fish would be scattered all over the bottom.

17 minutes ago, Nescio said:

Fishers were typically poor people, yet this one has a leopard-skin (a luxury) loincloth. Perhaps you could give him a more appropiate, plain, linen one instead?

Also, I'm not sure hexagonal bassins or any buckets at all were actually used. My guess is the nets were simply emptied into the boat and fish would be scattered all over the bottom.

the buckets was already there and i added to every modified boat 3 fish scattered, maybe i could delete the bucket and add more fishes, and other deads maybe the net but as a inanimated item too.