===[COMMITTED]=== Persian Unit Texture Upgrade

wackyserious

Anyone knows from where come this helmet? I found some evidences that could be useful.

Spoiler

7tw4_gr0ebst.jpg

855b72d1713033448237549682876fa9.jpg

I found this number 21 below, the other ones are all labeled "Scythian" and this one is labeled Achaemenid, without specifying the reason. I don't find anything about an example in the "Glasgow Museum". It looks close the number 18 although.

Spoiler

helmet1.jpg

image.png.e665dbd556590b342d60ef20447b8f4e.png

There is also this helmet found in Olympia attributed to the Medians:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e3c9ad15d4aa9663ac2ebfaa25cc567c.png

9 minutes ago, Genava55 said:

Anyone knows from where come this helmet? I found some evidences that could be useful.

Hide contents

7tw4_gr0ebst.jpg

855b72d1713033448237549682876fa9.jpg

I found this number 21 below, the other ones are all labeled "Scythian" and this one is labeled Achaemenid, without specifying the reason. I don't find anything about an example in the "Glasgow Museum". It looks close the number 18 although.

Reveal hidden contents

helmet1.jpg

image.png.e665dbd556590b342d60ef20447b8f4e.png

There is also this helmet found in Olympia attributed to the Medians:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e3c9ad15d4aa9663ac2ebfaa25cc567c.png

Scythian Resultado de imagen para scythian  helmet

very asian influence.

tumblr_nt3gpcmRBc1rgfuxjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nt3gpcmRBc1rgfuxjo1_1280.jpg

Kuban type.

This is a type of Scythian skullcap helmet made of bronze, referred to as “Kuban” by scholars (deriving from the name of the Caucasus region from which the largest numbers of specimens were found). They were developed during the 7th and 6th centuries BC and were lighter than contemporary Greek helmets. The helmet’s precise origin is still debated: the known examples are relatively few, but the sites where these helmets were found cover a wide area, ranging from the more western regions (Kelermes, west of the Caucasus) to modern-day Mongolia (Samarkand, Uzbekistan and up to Egiin Gol, in Mongolia).

The Scythians were known for their horsemanship and the defensive equipment of a Scythian warrior was minimal and mainly limited to shields that could be carried while riding or in hand-to-hand combat. Their abilty to launch a sudden attack and withdraw quickly was their best defense, hence their light weapons, easy to handle (e.g. a bow and arrow, a sword, and possibly a shield). Scythian helmets, breastplates and “cnemids” (leg guards) are therefore rather rare.  

The top of this helmet has a small loop which was most likely designed as a support for a crest or another ornament. The precise meaning of the circular holes pierced just above the edge is open to different interpretations: they might have served to attach other protective elements (for the shoulders and the back), or even decorative elements, as evidenced by an example found in the Kelermes tumulus no. 2 (south of modern-day Russia), which was adorned with gold diadems. The inner cap might have also been held in place by threads or straps passing through these holes.

Helmets "sakskskih" Types

331743_original.jpg

Kuban

72dc0c5bd1927a81ab69601e55291c4c.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

A dilemma whether to include the following: :D

• Toned down saturation of the red and yellow dyed padded cloth
  • Player color Kidaris cap
  • Player color padded cloth

And why would it be an issue for wowgetoffyourcellphone (seriously could have chosen a simpler name)

According to https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ArtDesignDocument which I started to update a bit locally:

'"Colors on the units should be neutral (skin tones, browns, grays, golds, bronze, etc...), because bright and saturated color will be used as a player’s color to show ownership. Player color usually is found on decorative elements of a texture."

Entities should have "[a]bove average color saturation (compared to the real world)."

6 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

According to https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ArtDesignDocument which I started to update a bit locally:

'"Colors on the units should be neutral (skin tones, browns, grays, golds, bronze, etc...), because bright and saturated color will be used as a player’s color to show ownership. Player color usually is found on decorative elements of a texture."

Entities should have "[a]bove average color saturation (compared to the real world)."

I have read it too, but this contrasts with faction design (colorful palette for Celtic and Persian faction) and existing textures i.e. current padded cloth texture for the Persians. This too adds to the dilemma.. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wackyserious said:

Like Lion, I also find it quite distracting for the eye. I am not sure about the others though, which is why I was asking for feedback. :)

in black color details will be lost but... Im  talking judging a static image. becomes an kind of camouflage.  so the hat look Ortodox priest with persian costumes.

Spoiler

Resultado de imagen para orthodox priest

• Like 1