Cavalry errors in Terra Magna

gameboy

@niektb Today, I tested the latest terra_magna, and when I played the game, I found that a cavalry on the horse's back was missing a cavalry.

https://github.com/0ADMods/terra_magna

ERROR: Could not load animation 'art/animation/quadraped/horse_idle_a.psa'

ERROR: CSkeletonAnimManager::GetAnimation(art/animation/quadraped/horse_idle_a.psa): Failed loading, marked file as bad

ERROR: Could not load animation 'art/animation/quadraped/horse_attack_a.psa'

ERROR: CSkeletonAnimManager::GetAnimation(art/animation/quadraped/horse_attack_a.psa): Failed loading, marked file as bad

ERROR: Could not load animation 'art/animation/quadraped/horse_attack_b.psa'

ERROR: CSkeletonAnimManager::GetAnimation(art/animation/quadraped/horse_attack_b.psa): Failed loading, marked file as bad

ERROR: Could not load animation 'art/animation/quadraped/horse_death.psa'

ERROR: CSkeletonAnimManager::GetAnimation(art/animation/quadraped/horse_death.psa): Failed loading, marked file as bad

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/skeletal/m_pants_celt.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildVariation(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/m_pants_celt.dae failed to load

ERROR: Failed to build prop model "units/china/cavalry_archer_b_r.xml" on actor "cavalry_archer_b"

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art/meshes/skeletal/m_tunic_short.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildVariation(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/m_tunic_short.dae failed to load

ERROR: Failed to build prop model "units/china/cavalry_spearman_b_r.xml" on actor "cavalry_spearman_b"

ERROR: CObjectEntry::BuildVariation(): Model art/meshes/skeletal/m_tunic_short.dae failed to load

ERROR: Failed to build prop model "units/china/cavalry_spearman_b_r.xml" on actor "cavalry_spearman_b"

6.png

Edited by gameboy

@stanislas69, art isn't really my forte but I've created a branch with what I hope are the required changes for Terra Magna on GitHub. Before it gets merged into master, could you check I haven't done anything stupid/missed anything, please? When you find the time.

(The indenting in the actor files is all over the place. Tabs in roughly half, spaces in most of the others, with a mix of both in some files. Haven't done anything with it in the afore-mentioned branch so its clear what the pertinent changes are, but it would be nice to sort it out at some point.)

• Like 2

• s0600204 changed the title to Cavalry errors in Terra Magna

@s0600204 Thanks so much for maintaining mods up to date. This will come in handy in the future. Changes look good. One thing though I think I saw crossbow stuff in the main repo so maybe it could be used.

About tabs and space my policy has changed since it seems 2 spaces are the defacto indent. This is also what python does and what the actor editor does. So I'd say if someone wants to do it each file should be indented like the actor editor would.

10 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@s0600204 Thanks so much for maintaining mods up to date. This will come in handy in the future. Changes look good. One thing though I think I saw crossbow stuff in the main repo so maybe it could be used.

About tabs and space my policy has changed since it seems 2 spaces are the defacto indent. This is also what python does and what the actor editor does. So I'd say if someone wants to do it each file should be indented like the actor editor would.

As we use tabs almost everywhere else (C++, js, GUIXML) why not define tab as standard? The actor editor is changable...

3 hours ago, Imarok said:

As we use tabs almost everywhere else (C++, js, GUIXML) why not define tab as standard? The actor editor is changable...

True. Now do you really want to to take the responsibility of changing every space indented document in the game including collada ?

That would be a huge SVN noise I think.

Should I create a staff thread for that ?

3 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

True. Now do you really want to to take the responsibility of changing every space indented document in the game including collada ?

That would be a huge SVN noise I think.

Should I create a staff thread for that ?

I think step-by-step changes are enough. Because it's harder to review and find small errors in a huge patch.

On 05/01/2018 at 12:19 AM, stanislas69 said:

[...] One thing though I think I saw crossbow stuff in the main repo so maybe it could be used.

I can't find any variants or animations relating to crossbows in vanilla-0ad. @Alexandermb claims to have created and committed animations for infantry crossbowmen in this forum post, but there's no sign of that in the Terra Magna repository on GitHub (might not have pushed changes). There are animations for what (according to the file name) is infantry crossbow melee dating back to 2012 from @Kimball, but these (a) appear to be unused and (b) are not loadable in/by Atlas ("Didn't find any objects in the scene" / "Couldn't find object to convert" / "Could not load animation [...]" / "Failed loading, marked file as bad").

i did a github commit with those files (same as the shoushe), i will make a mod folder like i did for the other files, also the cavalry crossbow variants haven't been added yet to the public folder, nor created i haven't looked through Terra Magna nor Xiongnu or any other mod yet until cavalry is finished and camels too.

image.png.8bf8bbb4185080cd8fa121702c533e99.png

• Like 1