Add more human models

Lion.Kanzen

A nice variation of the regular mesh would be an embosed short sleeves for the tunics

Hypothetically this is an upper arm :LOL::D

The mesh will have a ridge similar to what @Enrique did to the armored mesh variant

There will be ridging in the edge of the short sleeves, plus the armor ridge will also be readjusted to fit with the changes.

This will result in a bulkier appearance of armored units, which gives them more emphasis and a tougher appeal.

It will also emphasize the layering of clothing and apparel.

5a4bacd2b211c_010318-Meshridge.thumb.jpg.ec8b8721a86b87e2c5af24f311e77e09.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

While I agree it would be a good idea especially for Romans,
that is a huge task that will require someone dedicated to do it.
That means updating every texture to fit the new uvmap, not to
mention ruining @wackyserious's work so far.

Having props inside the textures has the only drawback that it means
you have to load the whole texture if another mesh decides to use the
prop unless it's part of the mesh which is not better that also goes for
having the head 

I regretted including the Roman example the moment I posted it because I knew someone would use it as basis for criticism even though it was tangential to the proposal. I have since deleted it. The nude example is the real proposed layout.

Asking the programmers now, could there be a script written to rearrange the existing layouts of the unit textures?

2 hours ago, feneur said:

If you would like us to be able to help you solve an issue it would be helpful if you would provide some information ;) Just knowing you are having some kind of issues doesn't really help us I'm afraid :(

Is some problem when internet is slow/or Access to server for some reason .on, load all except commentary box. I test later in Mozilla Firefox happen similar the box was the last of load, but in edge never load the box even the first post(creating topic). but only happen in this sub forum.

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I regretted including the Roman example the moment I posted it because I knew someone would use it as basis for criticism even though it was tangential to the proposal. I have since deleted it. The nude example is the real proposed layout.

Yeah sorry I know it was just an example :) That roman example was pretty good though, I wonder why they switched to the other uv version, maybe more space for details ? Do you remember ?

Spoiler

Asking the programmers now, could there be a script written to rearrange the existing layouts of the unit textures?

Taking pixels and moving them around should not be hard (Though some of those are dds files and they are different in the way they are stored) The issue would be resizing and maybe rotating, maybe alpha transparency too. Another thing would be the UVMap from the meshes

5 hours ago, LordGood said:

This is a much bigger task than it seems. New mesh clothing shouldn't be too bad, exception being the indian leggings, but I could be wrong there. Completely overhauling UVMaps in tandem with new textures will take a long time

Isn't task, we are here in mod forum. is if time permits or if some wants to contribute.

We need examine many hypothetical scenarios. that is similar when the main team said we can't have new buildings or we can't  have more factions, like Chinese.

You see @The Undying Nephalim or th guys from The mod of Colonial theme, they create their own stuff. we need stay the open to possibilities.:)

• Like 1