Different angle/perspective for players

Dunedan

I just built the latest SVN and noticed that somehow the angle of viewing at the map is different. That change must have committed during the past few days and I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional.

The following screenshot is from the same multiplayer game, right after starting it with two 0ad instances in parallel. You'll notice the perspective of looking at the CC is different for the two players.

matrix-projection-intented.thumb.jpg.6d2b892c117c9ce44a55bfdefdc23407.jpg

Sure it isnt a configuration thing? That can be configured in the config if Im not mistaken.

There was only one change about the starting camera view and that was

r20370 | elexis | 2017-10-29 06:29:04 +0100 (So, 29 Okt 2017) | 4 lines

But that was only for random maps, not used for skismish and scenario maps.

I can notice a different zoom level for skirmish maps for a22 and svn, dunno where that can come from. Doubt its a config change.

From my testing its only a different zoom level but the same angle. (Found out by comparing a22 to svn and noticing after some mousewheel scrolling its the same perspective).

As I could experience that with a skirmish map I guess it's not the rmgen thing (which also didnt change the rotation iirc).

Anyone brave trying to find a revision ID which introduced a change?

Guess we could also confirm whether the user config loads the same zoom level from the JS GUI.

27 minutes ago, feneur said:

Are the Civic Centers on different heights? That could perhaps at least explain some of the difference, though I doubt it would change the angle that much :unsure:

+1 for the height, the angle seems the same.

I wasn't good in drawing in the high school, but if you make another screenshot selecting both CC  (to show the selection boundaries) and you use some kind of virtual measuring tools, 

Spoiler

250px-Reglas.svg.png

I think you should be able to see if there's some kind of difference. Maybe it's too rudimentary technique, or I'm wrong.

Here are two additional screenshot made from the "wall demo" scenario and the "oasis" map. Both should have the same heights for the CCs if I'm not mistaken.

matrix-projection-wall-demo.thumb.jpg.eeff72b6161de22d2f31f97d9e0ef3c4.jpgmatrix-projection-oasis.thumb.jpg.c79eba6698189b296a6a6f874a2dfe5e.jpg

For me that still looks like a different camera angle as well. I'm also curious how a different zoom level can even happen when the only difference between the configuration of the two instances are the lobby related settings.

Could that be related to windowed mode? I've the feeling this difference goes away once I switch to full screen.

Edited by Dunedan

Both players having the same civ (and therefore the same CC height) doesn't seem to change anything.

But what does change the angle is the position of the window on the screen. The only difference in the following screenshots it that the left window from the first screenshot is the right one in the second and vice versa.

matrix-projection-oasis-same-civ.thumb.jpg.344825e82ece65560f37075fd07f68ce.jpgmatrix-projection-oasis-same-civ-reversed.thumb.jpg.c9e379165c061a0a4dea9b255082261c.jpg