===[COMMITTED]=== Update Camel Units

1 hour ago, Alexandermb said:

@stanislas69 have in mind any prop point for the merchant camels ?

It looks to me like either the merchant would be on another camel and having a rope to tie it or it would walk beside it.

Not sure if it could be on a horse. 

AFAIK the only civilisations using camels for merchants are Chinese (Still waiting for proof on this) Persians, Ptolemaics.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone Are camels really walking like horses ?

125176239.jpg

9743761f007ccdfb0abcfeacab6110de.jpg

9 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Can the geometry of the mesh be improved or is that a separate and related task? The run looks hilariously camel like.

It can, and it should, else I fail to see the point of new anims. However I'm not sure Alexandermb wants to do it.

• Like 1

i think its more texture related, the actual camel has around 800 tris yet it looks like a camel compared to the difference between old horse and new horse but in case of need i could try do some adjustments.

image.png.417fab2d88759f3ebf16fd5e51bc1192.png

and for now it does need new animations the actual walk and run doesn't fit the walking/runing speed and looks rushed, the actual walking animation is something like my 1st gif but x6 speed.

3 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

the actual camel has around 800 tris

How many triangles is the new horse?

3 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

It can, and it should, else I fail to see the point of new anims. However I'm not sure Alexandermb wants to do it.

even if the model is not improved, making new animations for the camel and the riders will definitely help keep those units up-to-standard with the new infantry and cavalry.

3 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

in case of need i could try do some adjustments.

I think the greatest adjustments could be with the neck and head and to round the humps out slightly better. The Bactrian camel could definitely use its own mesh though, even if only modified from the existing mesh.

• Like 1

See how its going, if this is okay i start with the riders. (For a better perspective compare the camels animations from the actual ones to this ones and see what i mean about rushed walking)

• Added 3 seat points to the base camel Front-Mid-Back.
  • Added 2 prop points for cargo each side near the back.
  • Have the same head prop point of the horse.
  • Have one in the chest i will delete if i don't find any use for it.

Yes, bactrian model can have only 1 seat and different place of prop points.

Mod folder.
Camel_New.7z

• Like 1