spectator optional?

Hi. some people manage to log in twice as spectators and players at the same time using virtual box. I played with AI to test it and it is really easy. I wish there was an option that doesn't allow spectators. I know it could hurt the game but double login cause a lot of lag, no need to mention the fact that double logins allow cheating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi elexis: I have no problems running two instances with all of the shadings using GPU pass through to cupa driver on Ubuntu.I run and VMware or Virtualbox on win10  I could even assign two different mouses and keyboard to each instance if I used Hackintosh or Linux as VirtualBox host. I run one instance as a virtual machine and one full screen. I can join the game with both. In the spectator instance in can select opponents from drop-down list and spy on his resources and population and in another instance I play the game. 

The nat config gets a bit trickier when I host with one of the instances, I have the "de-confuse" stun client path or use the proxy to forward the port since all instances run on the same computer but are doable even when I host and spectate. I won't share the details here for obvious reasons. It is probably too complicated for most of the players, but I am sure there are quite a few who bother to pull it off. I find it pathetic, just wanted to share my experience.

Edited by ddb_brutus
typos

44 minutes ago, ddb_brutus said:

hi elexis: I have no problems running two instances with all of the shadings using GPU pass through to cupa driver on Ubuntu.I run and VMware or Virtualbox on win10  I could even assign two different mouses and keyboard to each instance if I used Hackintosh or Linux as VirtualBox host. I run one instance as a virtual machine and one full screen. I can join the game with both. In the spectator instance in can select opponents from drop-down list and spy on his resources and population and in another instance I play the game. 

The nat config gets a bit trickier when I host with one of the instances, I have the "de-confuse" stun client path or use the proxy to forward the port since all instances run on the same computer but are doable even when I host and spectate. I won't share the details here for obvious reasons. It is probably too complicated for most of the players, but I am sure there are quite a few who bother to pull it off. I find it pathetic, just wanted to share my experience.

Much more trouble to achieve casual cheating than needed. It's technically impossible to solve, so I don't care much as a developer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elexis said:

Much more trouble to achieve casual cheating than needed. It's technically impossible to solve, so I don't care much as a developer.

HI elexis, maybe I was too technical when hinting all  of the possibilities. In reality, it doesn't take more than 10x enter press to install windows 7 in the box and probably require no more skill than setting up the game itself. 

I don't think you can do much about it except maybe add a "disable spectators" radio button next to the rated game option in the match setup.  have a nice one, B

Capture.PNG