Download Link to Alpha 21

Gyrion

Hi,

Basically to put it simply due to the optimisation of the game I can't run Alpha 22 on more than 7 fps, I was wondering if its still possible to play Alpha 21 and if so are there any ways I can play it and host games with my friends who also can't use Alpha 22?

Gyrion

2 hours ago, Gyrion said:

Hi,

Basically to put it simply due to the optimisation of the game I can't run Alpha 22 on more than 7 fps, I was wondering if its still possible to play Alpha 21 and if so are there any ways I can play it and host games with my friends who also can't use Alpha 22?

Gyrion

To answer your question yes it's possible.

However I think figuring out why A22 id way slower than A21 on your machine would be way more useful for us both.

@Itms

Thanks for the reply dude, Idk what to say really, I used to be able to run 0 A.D on Alpha 21 on like Medium Graphics now I run it on the lowest possible graphics and I get 7fps, I just don't mean to be rude when I say it because I love the work the team are doing and adore the game but I do not think it's currently very optimised. I used to play with 5 friends and none of us all on our different PCs could play any big scale games but I think that was an issue that everyone knew about other than that we were all good, now we can't play Alpha 22 without crazy graphical lag.

Going on from my previous question don't suppose it'd be okay to ask if you know where to find a link to download Alpha 21 by any chance?

Thanks so much and yeah dude I won't lie I don't know much about gpu's and what not I mean do not get me wrong I would absolutely love to play Alpha 22 cause it looks amazing but I wouldn't have a clue with what I am doing trying to use glsl and postp settings for my laptop, I just set everything to the lowest I could in the options menu and yeah more than about 150 if there is more than 2 of us and we all start lagging

Are you saying that you are playing a match over the internet? It could be a slow internet or your friend overestimating his machine.

Just to be sure... Uncheck and drag all-the-way left everything in the center area of the options menu. Leave VSync enabled and possibly Unit Silhouettes. That last one will make the game a bit easier to play. You might have to play around with the bottom two bars of the center-part of the menu. I don't know exactly what is best.

If you are playing online. disable observers. To the left of show sky and set the one below it to 0.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gyrion said:

Thanks so much and yeah dude I won't lie I don't know much about gpu's and what not I mean do not get me wrong I would absolutely love to play Alpha 22 cause it looks amazing but I wouldn't have a clue with what I am doing trying to use glsl and postp settings for my laptop, I just set everything to the lowest I could in the options menu and yeah more than about 150 if there is more than 2 of us and we all start lagging

Are you playing with AIs ? 

13 hours ago, Gyrion said:

I don't know sorry any sort of technical term I don't really know, it's all good dw about it I got Alpha 21 I can just use that one

I mean artificial intelligence AI in English KI in German IA in French. Bots is another way to say it.

I'd like to know a bit more about your computer. Could you attach your system_info.txt ? 

The procedure to get the file is described here

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ReportingErrors

It's to help us understand if we introduced something that made the game real slow or if it's just your computer that's old :)

Thanks in advance !