Where to put the map files on GNU/Linux?

Hi, I hope, I am not totally blind, but I have downloaded some maps and I cannot find the place to put them. Not via Google, not in the forum, sorry.
I use Ubuntu 16.04 and all I found was this article: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Atlas_Tricks
Unfortunately I did not find those directories. Maybe I have used find and locate wrong, but I am stuck now. I did not find an import function for map files either. Does anyone know the answer?

The folder that you are looking is a hidden one so toggle "Show Hidden Files" in the view menu of your file browser any folder or file that starts with a "." is hidden this is for all Linux and OSX file systems then go to /home/yourusername/.local/share/0ad/mods/user notice the .local

Enjoy the Choice :)

Thanks Loki1950! Ah, I've looked there, but only for a "maps" folder. But I think I still do something wrong. I copied the map files (xml and pmp) directly into "/home/myusername/.local/share/0ad/mods/user/" and on another try I copied the folders, containing the files. Unfortunately, I was not able to find the maps in 0 a.d., neither under scenario nor skirmish nor random.