Replay warning !

gameboy

@elexis I tested the latest SVN20674, when I entered the replay list and selected a replay, there was a warning message:

WARNING: JavaScript warning: gui/common/gamedescription.js line 178 reference to undefined property playerData.AIBehavior

WARNING: JavaScript warning: gui/common/gamedescription.js line 178 reference to undefined property playerData.AIBehavior

Edited by gameboy
  • Thanks 1

We don't add backwards compatibility. If we would do it in general, our codebase would get an order of magnitude greater for little benefit.

You will not be able to replay these replays anyway, so you might delete them or archive them elsewhere if you don't want to see the replay menu being unfriendly towards deprecated svn replays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well besides the difficulty one can select a behavior (names are currently random, balanced, aggressive and defensive).

It is only the first very basic prototype, so don't get too excited. It mostly influences the number of attacks and expansion. But the infrastructure is here and it could be extended each time the AI strategy is extended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, elexis said:

so don't get too excited

That's difficult, lol... This is potentially huge, and will especially help inexperienced players easing in to the game, as well as having a more varied SP experience in general. Nice! I have a bunch of friends who've played the game before who'll definitely Loooove this!

I salute the gods of coding!

• Like 1